Zoe Matherne To Compete In NCAA Championship
|2017 NCAA Championship East Preliminary Round|
|DATES:||May 25-27, 2017||SITE:||Lexington, Ky.|
|MEET CENTRAL:||Click Here||TICKETS:||Click Here|
MATHERNE SET TO RUN IN LEXINGTON:
• Junior Zoe Matherne has qualified to take part at the East Preliminary Round of the NCAA Championship, which will take place at the UK Outdoor Track and Field Complex in Lexington, Ky.
• Matherne will compete in the 800-meter run, with the first round of the event on Thursday, May 25, and the quarterfinals on Friday, May 26.
• Heats in Thursday's first round are set to begin at 8:10 p.m., while the heats for Friday's quarterfinals are scheduled to start at 6:30 p.m.
• To view the complete list of student-athletes entered in the NCAA East Preliminary Round, click here.
• Matherne is only the third Holy Cross student-athlete to ever take part in the Division I NCAA Championship in women's outdoor track and field.
• The last qualifier was Tiffany Reid (Class of 2010), who placed 24th in the 200-meter dash at the 2009 NCAA East Regional with a time of 24.60.
• Andrea Madden (Class of 2004) previously came in 26th in the hammer throw at the 2004 NCAA East Regional with a distance of 52.20 meters.
BREAKING RECORDS & CLAIMING TITLES:
• Matherne is the all-time Holy Cross record holder in four events: the outdoor 400-meter dash (57.22), the outdoor 800-meter run (2:08.05), the indoor 800-meter run (2:09.47) and the outdoor 1,500-meter run (4:26.23).
• She won the 2017 Patriot League outdoor title in the 800-meter run with her school-record time of 2:08.05.
• Matherne previously claimed the 2017 New England indoor championship in the 1,000-meter run in a time of 2:50.95.
ABOUT THE NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP:
• At the East Preliminary Round, the 800-meter run will consist of six heats in the first round.
• The top three finishers in each heat and the next six fastest times overall will move on to the quarterfinals.
• Three quarterfinal heats will then take place, with the top three from each heat and the next best three times advancing to the semifinals.
• The semifinals and finals will be held in Eugene, Ore., from June 8-10.