Women's Lacrosse Defeated By Brown, 17-6
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross women’s lacrosse team was defeated by Brown, 17-6, on Wednesday night.
The Bears (2-0, 0-0 Ivy League) opened the game with an aggressive offense, jumping out to a 7-0 lead before the Crusaders (0-3, 0-0 Patriot League) got on the board. The Crusaders traded goals with Brown to close the half, 9-4.
Brown opened the second half to jump out to a 13-4 lead before Holy Cross saw offensive production. Holy Cross tallied two more goals in the final 30 minutes, but Brown continued to pressure and win, 17-6.
First Half | HC 4 Brown 9
- Brown started the game with seven goals in the opening eleven minutes.
- Riley Bergholtz tallied the Crusaders first goal of the game and her first goal of the season at 14:26. She was assisted by Catherine Guanci.
- Brown’s Emma DeGennaro scored her fifth of the day on a free position shot at 11:24 to hold a 7-1 lead.
- The Crusaders scored back-to-back goals from Bergholtz at 8:50 and Keely Connors on a free position shot at 6:27.
- Brown scored one more goal in the first half, from Grace Plassche at 5:26.
- Kerianne Moran tallied her first goal of the season at 2:47 of the first half.
Second Half | HC 6 Brown 17
- Brown tallied four goals to start the second half, including two from Risa Mosenthal.
- Moran recorded her second of the day on a free position shot at 19:31.
- Mosenthal recorded another goal for the Bears
- Moran complete her hat trick at 10:31, assisted by Haley Walker.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Brown outshot Holy Cross, 43-14.
- Julia Maloney made 12 saves, and 10 came in the first half.
- Holy Cross went 3-3 in free position shots.
Holy Cross will play at Iona on Feb. 24 at 1:00 p.m. to continue non-conference play.