Women's Relay Team Takes First at Patriot League Championship
EASTON, Pa. - The Holy Cross women's track & field team competed in the first day of the Patriot League Outdoor Championships on May 4. The 4x800m relay team, consisting of seniors Meghan Dietter, Zoe Matherne, Claire Turner and sophomore Allison McArdle led the way with a first place finish (8:52.46), which was .5 seconds off of the school record time. After the first day of competition, Holy Cross sits in third place with 41 team points.
- Sophomore Jenna Gasparrini finished second in the 10k with a time of 36:05.40, and senior Hannah Jeter took fourth (36:33.39). Both times were ECAC qualifying marks.
- Sophomore Morgan Sanders took fourth in the heptathlon with 2650 points.
- Freshman Christa Jay Moore placed second in the pole vault and tied the school record with a 3.85m jump.
- Senior Alanna Hitscherich qualified for the finals in the 100m hurdles with a time of 14.42. Her time was a personal record and an ECAC qualifying mark.
- Sophomore Allie Smiley hit a personal best and ECAC qualifying mark in the long jump with a 6.03m leap. Her mark was the first time a Holy Cross female has jumped over 6.0 meters. Junior Alexandra Curtin took sixth in the long jump with a 5.72m jump. Hitscherich placed eighth in the same event (5.51m).
The team will continue to compete in Easton, Pa., at the Patriot League Championships on Saturday, May 5.