Men's Tennis Competes At Connecticut College Invitational
Holy Cross Athletics 09-24-2017
- Tournament: Connecticut College Invitational
- Location: New London, Conn.
- The Lead: The Holy Cross men’s tennis team competed in the Connecticut College Invitational on Saturday afternoon in New London, Conn.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sophomore Matthew Murphy and freshman Andrew Vroman won their first match in the Flight B doubles bracket against Zach Strempel and Eli Trimbur of Wheaton by a score of 8-6, before falling in the championship match 8-2.
- In Flight B singles, junior Peter Campito won the first match against Babson’s Brandon Rosenbluth, 1-6, 6-3, 14-12. He was then defeated in the final match of the flight: 6-3, 6-3.
- In Flight D singles, Vroman came out on top after defeating Strempel from Wheaton 6-0, 6-3 in the opening match and claiming the flight following a withdrawal.
- Freshman Matthew Fagan earned a win in the first match of Flight G singles, 7-5, 1-6, 11-9 over Sullivan Abbott of Wheaton. He then came up short in the championship match: 6-4, 6-4.
- Holy Cross returns to action this Thursday, Sept. 28, as the Crusaders head to St. Anselm for a 3:30 p.m. match.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
Head Coach Bob Chesney - Mic'd Up
Holy Cross Commencement 2018
2017-18 Year in Review