Men's Hockey Blanked At Robert Morris, 3-0
The Holy Cross men’s hockey team dropped their first Atlantic Hockey game as they were shut out at Colonials Arena on Nov. 4, 3-0. The game is also the first time the Crusaders have been held scoreless in the 2017-18 season.
Robert Morris took a two goal lead in the opening frame that remained through the second period. The Crusaders sustained offensive pressure in the second period, outshooting the Colonials 14-5. Holy Cross posted 10 shots across four powerplays; eight shots coming in the second period on two opportunities. The Colonials extended their lead to 3-0 in the third period while the Crusaders were unable to get on the board.
Score: Holy Cross 0 | Robert Morris 3
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa. | Colonials Arena
Date: Saturday, Nov. 4, 2017
Time: 7:05 p.m.
Records: Holy Cross (3-2-3, 2-1-3 AHC) | Robert Morris (3-5-1, 3-3-1 AHC)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
RMU, 1-0 (1st, 5:44, EV): When a loose puck popped out to the front of the net, Spencer Dorowitz backhanded his way around Paul Berrafato to take the lead.
RMU, 2-0 (1st, 15:20, EV): Ryley Risling scored on a scramble in front of the net.
RMU, 3-0 (3rd, 12:36, EV): Luke Lynch scored as the Crusaders were called for a delayed penalty. After a Berrafato save, the rebound bounced to Lynch in the slot for an open net.
- The game marks the first loss in league play for the Crusaders.
- Robert Morris’ Francis Marotte’s shutout is the first against Holy Cross in the 2017-18 season.
- The last time the Crusaders were shutout was on Jan. 28, 2017 when Robert Morris came to play at the Hart Center.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Holy Cross recorded 27 shots on goal while Robert Morris tallied 29.
- Neither team scored a powerplay goal in the game. Holy Cross had four powerplay opportunities and only allowed three.
- The teams were even at the faceoff dot, each winning 26.
- The Crusaders blocked 12 shots to the Colonials 14.
- Paul Berrafato made 26 saves in the game.
- T.J. Moore recorded five shots on goal to lead Holy Cross.
- The Crusaders will host No. 19/RV Air Force at the Hart Center on Nov. 10-11. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. on both nights.
BE PART OF THE ACTION THIS SEASON
- To purchase tickets for the 2017-2018 Holy Cross men's hockey season, call 1-844-GOCROSS or visit GoHolyCross.com/Tickets.
- There are numerous ways to stay connected with the Holy Cross men's hockey team. Follow the Crusaders on Twitter, Facebookand Instagram.