Crusaders Compete in Two Meets to Open 2017-2018 Indoor Season
Location: Boston, Mass.
Date: Dec. 1-2
The Lead: The Holy Cross men's track and field team competed in the BU Season Opener and the Elm City Challenge Dec. 1-2.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- At the Elm City Challenge hosted by Southern Conn., senior Josh Nickerson broke a Holy Cross record in the heptathlon with a score of 4609 in the final day of competition and finished second overall. On the first day on competiton, Nickerson recorded personal best in the 55m (6.82), long jump (6.88m), shot put (10.49m) and high jump (1.93m).
- Junior Christopher Puntasecca also notched personal bests in the 55m (7.08), long jump (5.45m), shot put (8.65m) and high jump (1.48m).
- Alexander Escada recorded a new personal best in the shot put (1.78m) and finished fifth overall.
- At the BU Season Opener, junior Ryan Clark finished eighth in the 400m (51.68).
- Senior Andre Harton placed fifth in the high jump (1.90m).
- Sophomore Garrett Fortin finished eighth in the 200m (22.68), which is a new personal best.
The Crusaders will compete at the Husky Invitational in Boston, Mass. Dec. 9.