Lissner's Hat Trick Leads Crusaders Past Post
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross women's hockey team downed Post, 8-1, Saturday afternoon at the Hart Center. Senior Emily Lissner led the Crusaders with three goals and her first career hat trick.
Score: Holy Cross 8 | Post 1
Records: Holy Cross (8-5-2) | Post (1-12-2)
Location: Worcester, Mass.
Date: Saturday, Jan. 6
Time: 7:05 p.m.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Four Crusaders scored in the first period with one power play goal from junior Danielle Doherty. Lissner scored back-to-back goals in the first from Doherty, sophomore Hannah Gillis, junior Sam Girard and senior Kara Violette. Freshman Grace Peluso scored her third of the season with five minutes left in the first.
- The last five goals were all scored in the second period. Violette recorded her fifth goal of the season from junior Maeve Reilly and sophomore Maeve Christ. Reilly scored a power play goal a minute before Lissner recorded her third goal to put the Crusaders up 7-0. Junior Amanda Kewer recorded the last goal from freshman Katie MacCuaig and Gillis.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Six different Crusaders scored in the 8-1 win.
- Holy Cross outshot Post 68-7.
- Violette leads the Crusaders in points with 21 through 15 games.
- Junior Julie Matthias and Lissner each have seven goals on the season to lead the team.
Holy Cross will host St. Anselm next Saturday, Jan. 13 at 2:05 p.m.