Women's Swimming & Diving Competes at Bryant and UConn
Final Score: Holy Cross 105, Bryant 183
Location: Smithfield, R.I.
Date: Feb. 3, 2018
The Lead: The Holy Cross women's swimming & diving team lost to Bryant 105-183. The Crusaders also competed in the Husky Invitational at UConn on Feb. 3.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM BRYANT:
- The 200 medley relay team consisting of sophomore Kayleigh Hoagland, junior Caroline Body freshman Brianna Larnard and senior Katie Conners finished second with a time of 1:52.98.
- Hoagland also finished third in the 200 free with a time of 1:58.17.
- Larnard placed third in the 100 back (1:03.02).
- Freshman Isabella Miko-Rydzaj finished first in the 200 fly with a time of 2:10.74. Miko-Rydzaj also finished second in the 100 free (55.24).
- In the 50 free, Conners placed second with a time of 25.18. She also placed second in the 500 free (5:27.40).
- Junior Jenny O'Brien placed second in the 200 back (2:16.69).
- Freshman Emily Sullivan finished second in the 200 breast (2:28.76).
- The Crusaders took first, second and third place in the 200 IM with Miko-Rydzaj in first (2:10.80), Sullivan in second (2:12.27) and Sparre in third (2:18.38).
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE HUSKY INVITATIONAL:
- Senior Maeve Westover placed second in the 500 free with a time of 5:20.64.
- Sophomore Alexia Miquel placed second in the 100 breast (1:11.87). She also placed second in the 200 breast (2:33.69).
The Crusaders will travel to Anapolis, Md. to compete in the Patriot League Championships starting Feb. 14.