Women's Track & Field Competes at Day 1 of ECAC Indoor Championships
Holy Cross Athletics 03-04-2018
BOSTON, Mass. - The Holy Cross women's track & field team competed at the ECAC Indoor Championships on Saturday, March 3. Two Crusaders broke individual school records and the 4x400m relay team reset the school record.
- Sophomore Jenna Gasparrini broke the school record in the 5000m (16.52.28) and finished in seventh place.
- Senior Zoe Matherne will compete the final in the 1000m tomorrow. She broke the school record with a time of 2:46.25 and finished in fifth place in the preliminaries.
- The 4x400m relay team of freshman Hailey Mulville, sophomore Caroline Frey, junior Lauren Rasmus and senior Stefanie McArdle broke the school record with a time of 3:50.45 and finished in 11th place.
- In the long jump, senior Allie Smiley placed sixth with a score of 5.65m. In the same event, senior Alanna Hitscherich finished eighth with a score of 5.55m.
- Senior Claire Turner notched a personal best in the 800m with a time of 2:12.65 finishing 25th.
- The 4x800m team of junior Katherine Guilbo and seniors Meghan Dietter, Kate Spitler and Turner finished in 15th with 9:14.59 time, which was a season's best.
The team will continue with competition at Day Two of the ECAC Indoor Championships.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
2018 Football Golf Outing
Head Coach Bob Chesney - Mic'd Up
Holy Cross Commencement 2018