Women's Lacrosse To Host BU; Play At American
|Game 15: Holy Cross (6-8, 1-5 Patriot League) vs. Boston University (5-7, 3-3 Patriot League)|
|DATE:||Wed., April 19 at 7:05 p.m.||LOCATION:||Worcester, Mass.|
|SERIES RECORD:||BU leads, 9-1||LAST MEETING:||11-4, BU (April 20, 2016)|
|LIVE STATS:||NeuLion Stats||LIVE VIDEO:||Patriot League Network|
|Game 16: Holy Cross (6-8, 1-5 Patriot League) at American (3-10, 1-5 Patriot League)|
|DATE:||Sat., April 22 at 12:00 p.m.||LOCATION:||Washington, D.C.|
|SERIES RECORD:||HC leads, 12-6||LAST MEETING:||14-13, HC (April 23, 2016)|
|LIVE STATS:||Presto Sports||LIVE VIDEO:||Patriot League Network|
The Holy Cross women’s lacrosse team will host Turnpike Trophy rival Boston University on Wednesday, April 19, and then travel to Washington, DC., to take on American on Saturday, April 22. Here is what you need to know as the Crusaders get ready to play the Terriers and Eagles.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- The Crusaders will host Boston University on Wednesday, April 19 at 7:05 p.m., in a Turnpike Trophy matchup. The game will be on the Patriot League Network with Alex Vispoli and Brendan Glasheen on the call. Go here to watch the game. The Team Shop will be open so check out all of your favorite Crusader gear!
- The game will also be Faculty and Staff Appreciation night. In an effort to show their gratitude towards their Professors, each graduating senior on the women’s lacrosse team recognized an individual who has had a positive impact on their time at Holy Cross. Each member of the senior class has each handpicked and invited a professor to join them on the field during a special pre-game ceremony.
- The Crusaders are 6-8 overall this season and 1-5 in the Patriot League, while the Terriers are 5-7 overall and 3-3 in the Patriot League.
- BU leads the all-time series 9-1. Last year the Terriers defeated the Crusaders by a 11-4 score on April 20.
- The Crusaders will then play at American on Saturday, April 22 at noon. American is 3-10 overall and 1-5 in the Patriot League. The Crusaders lead the all-time series 12-6. Last year Holy Cross won 14-13 on April 23.
- After Saturday’s game, Holy Cross will conclude the regular season at Colgate on Saturday, April 29 at 1:00 p.m.
THE TURNPIKE TROPHY:
- The game between the Crusaders and the Terriers is part of the Turnpike Trophy competition. Go here for the schedule and results of the Turnpike Trophy.
- There will be a MVP named after the game.
- This athletic series between the in-state Patriot League rivals awards points for all head-to-head victories in both the regular season and postseason, with the Turnpike Trophy going to the school which has the most points at the end of the academic year.
- After this game, the next Turnpike Trophy match-up will be on April 21, when the men’s lacrosse teams square off in Boston at 7:05 p.m.
JOHNSON ON THE ALL-TIME LISTS:
- Senior Anna Johnson now has a team-best of 45 draw controls this season which are sixth all-time in program history. Her 25 caused turnovers are eighth.
- For her career she has 104 career ground balls, 75 draw controls and 42 caused turnovers.
CRUSADERS RANKED IN THE PATRIOT LEAGUE AND NATIONALLY:
- The Crusaders lead the Patriot League and are eighth nationally with a .514 free-position percentage.
- Johnson is ranked fifth in the Patriot League and 40th in the nation with 1.79 caused turnovers per game. Johnson and junior goalie Julia Maloney are tied for seventh in the Patriot League in ground balls with 2.29 per game.
- Senior Mary Patalita is ranked fifth in the Patriot League and 34th nationally with 0.79 free-position goals per game, while she is fourth in the league 56th in the country a .500 free-position goal percentage. Sophomore Baker Earl is 10th in the conference and 74th nationally with 0.64 free-position goals per game.
- Maloney ranks fourth in the Patriot League and 41st nationally with 112 saves.
- There are numerous ways to stay connected with the Holy Cross women's lacrosse team. Follow the Crusaders on Twitter @HCrossWLax, Instagram holycrosswlaxand on Facebook. You can get also get the latest news and results on the women's lacrosse team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here.