• A 360 Leader in the Holy Cross Leadership Academy.
• Earned second-team All-Patriot League honors.
• Ran her best 6K of the season at the Patriot League Championship, where she finished eighth overall.
• Also ran 6K times of 22:05 at the Paul Short Invitational and 22:38 at the NCAA Northeast Regional.
• Registered her best 5K time at the National Catholic Championship, finishing with a time of 18:21.
• Also ran 5K times of 18:38 at the New England Championship, 18:46 at the ECAC Championship and 19:01 vs. New Hampshire and Providence.
• Named GoHolyCross.com Crusader of the Week on Nov. 2.
• Ran season-best 5K time of 18:45.40 against New Hampshire
• Also ran in the Nassaney Invitational (31st, 19:42.50), National Catholic Championship (54th, 19:03), Paul Short Invitational 6K (84th, 23:04), New England Championship (67th, 19:02.78), Central Connecticut Mini Meet 3K (JV, 4th, 10:52.68), Patriot League Championship 6K (38th, 22:11.40), NCAA Northeast Regional (175th, 23:09.72) and ECAC Championship (56th, 19:32.10).
• Ran a season-best 5K time of 18:29 at New Hampshire on Aug. 31
• Also ran at the Nassaney Invitational (33rd, 19:20.8), the National Catholic Championship (32nd, 18:42.20), the New England Championship (82nd, 18:56), the Patriot League Championship 6K (45th, 23:39.59), the NCAA Northeast Regional 6K (164th, 23:03.40) and the ECAC Championship (27th, 19:04.9)
• Contributed to team victory at the Paul Short Invitational 6K (98th, 23:37)
• Earned Patriot League Rookie of the Week honors for the week of Oct. 7-13.
Before Holy Cross:
- A four-year member of the varsity cross country team at Manhasset High School under head coach Laura Cummings, serving as team captain her senior year
- Named All-State (2011 and 2012)
- Recorded personal record of 18:32.10 in the 5K
- Also ran 10 seasons of varsity track, serving as team captain her senior year
- Notched personal best time of 4:53 in the 1500-meter and 10:23.89 in the 3000-meter
- Served as vice president of the Art Honor Society
- Daughter of Paul and Ann Welsh
- Father ran cross country and track at Marist, class of 1981
- Mother ran cross country and track at SUNY Delhi, class of 1984
- Has two brothers (Thomas and Sean)
- Majoring in Studio Art.
Welsh's Top 5KPerformances
|2013||18:29||New Hampshire (8/31)|
|2014||18:45.40||New Hampshire (8/30)|