Crusaders To Start Season At Head Of The Housatonic Regatta
Holy Cross Athletics 10-08-2016
The Holy Cross women’s rowing team is ready to start the season. Here is what you need to know as the Crusaders take on the competition at the Head of the Housatonic Regatta.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- The Holy Cross women’s rowing team will start the 2016-2017 season at the Head of the Housatonic Regatta on Oct. 8 in Shelton, Conn.
- The Crusaders will have two boats compete in the Division I Collegiate eight at 11:00 a.m., one in the Collegiate Novice eight race at 11:20, two in the Division I four race at 2:00 p.m. and two in the open two race at 2:30 p.m. Go here for the schedule.
- The last time the Crusaders attended this event was on Oct. 8, 2005.
- Seniors Maggie Diggins and Maddy Supple will lead the Crusaders as 2016-2017 captains. To read more about the captains go here.
- After the Head of the Housatonic, the Crusaders will return to action on Oct. 15 when they compete on Lake Quinsigamond at the Snake Regatta.
- “We're looking forward to racing at the Head of the Housatonic this weekend,” said Holy Cross head coach Patrick Diggins. “It's very exciting to be racing some of the best crews in the country. We have a motivated group of athletes that want to go fast and everyone has been working hard. This gives us a great opportunity to see how we're doing. We're looking for some solid races knowing that this is a very early step toward our goal, the Patriot League Championship in May. We simply want to get better every time we get on the water.”
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Women's Rowing
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
Update with Head Coach Tom Gilmore | Holy Cross Football
A Historic Postseason | Holy Cross Baseball
A Season to Remember | Holy Cross Men's Lacrosse