Crusaders Set For Snake Regatta
Holy Cross Athletics 10-15-2016
The Holy Cross women’s rowing team will return to action on Saturday, Oct. 15 on Lake Quinsigamond. Here is what you need to know as the Crusaders host the Snake Regatta.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- The Holy Cross women’s rowing team will compete at the Snake Regatta on Saturday, Oct. 15, on Lake Quinsigamond.
- The Crusaders will have three boats compete in the varsity eight event at 11:30 a.m. Go here for the schedule.
- The varsity eight has finished in the top five in seven of the past nine Snake Regattas. That record includes silver in 2008, bronze in 2009, gold in 2012, bronze in 2013, bronze in 2014 and bronze in 2015.
- After the Snake Regatta, the Crusaders will return to action on Oct. 22-23, when it competes at the 52nd Head of the Charles Regatta. It is the largest two-day rowing event. In 1993, the club eight won the event and in 2012 the club eight finished second.
- “The Snake Regatta is always a great event with great competition from all over New England,” said Holy Cross head coach Patrick Diggins. “It's our only home race of the fall season and we get a lot of alumni attending. We're looking forward to finishing up fall break training with some solid race performances before the Head of the Charles.”
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Women's Rowing
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
Men's Soccer vs. Northeastern Highlights (9/20/17)
That Football Feeling - Sights and Sounds from Week 3
Football vs. UNH Recap (9/16/17)