Women's Rowing To Travel To Knecht Cup
The Holy Cross women’s rowing team will travel to West Windsor, N.J. to compete in the Knecht Cup on Mercer Lake. Here is what you need to know as the Crusaders prepare for this regatta.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- On Saturday and Sunday, April 8 and 9, the Holy Cross women’s rowing team will continue it’s 2017 spring season at the Knecht Cup in West Windsor, N.J.
- The Crusaders will compete in the women’s novice four, women’s varsity four, women’s second varsity eight and women’s varsity eight competitions.
- After the Knecht Cup, the Crusaders will host Connecticut on Saturday, April 15 at 9:00 a.m.
- Last week, the varsity eight defeated Colgate. To read the recap, go here.
SCHEDULE FOR THE KNECHT CUP:
- The varsity four will race at 7:58 a.m. on Saturday, April 8 against Buffalo, Temple, Miami, Delaware, Colgate and Marist. The top four boats from each heat and the next five fastest times will advance to the semifinals.
- The novice four will compete at 9:08 a.m. against Fordham, Army, American, Lafayette, Franklin Pierce and Susquehanna. The top three boats from each heat and the next three fastest times will advance to semifinals.
- The varsity eight will race at 10:32 a.m. against Fairfield, Canisius, Radcliffe, Fordham and Boston College. The top three boats from each heat plus the next six fastest times will advance to semifinals.
- The second varsity eight will compete at 11:21 a.m. against Loyola, Sacred Heart, George Mason, Bucknell, Wisconsin and Fordham. The top four boats in each heat plus the next five fastest times will advance to semifinals.
- Go here to see the complete schedule.