Men's Soccer To Host Lehigh for Senior Day
Holy Cross Athletics 11-03-2017
|Holy Cross (5-8-3, 3-3-2 PL) vs. Lehigh (11-5-1, 5-2-1 PL)|
|Worcester, Mass. // Linda Johnson Smith Soccer Stadium|
|Saturday, Nov. 4||1:05 p.m.||Click Here - PLN||Click Here|
|Series Record: Holy Cross trails 10-12-4||Last Meeting: HC 3 LU 1 (9/24/16)|
FIVE THINGS TO KNOW
- The Holy Cross men’s soccer team will take on Lehigh in their final regular season game on Nov. 4 at 1:05 p.m. at Linda Johnson Smith Stadium. The team’s six graduating seniors will also be honored prior to kick-off.
- Holy Cross most recently defeated Colgate, 4-3 (Oct. 25) and tied at Army West Point, 0-0 (Oct. 29).
- In the game versus Colgate, the Crusaders scored four goals to come from behind and beat the Raiders. The team’s four goals was the most they have scored in a single game this season.
- On Oct. 25, five different Crusaders tallied a point, including Edi Mujan who scored his first collegiate goal and Nicholas Cestaro who scored his first of the season. Max Krause and Arno Rupp recorded multi-point games, Krause adding two assists and Rupp scoring two goals and one assist.
- With the 0-0 draw at Army, Henry Stutz picked up his fourth shutout of the season. Stutz also recorded seven saves against Colgate, tying a career-high.
- Holy Cross sits in fifth place in the standings with 11 points and a 3-3-2 conference record.
- With a win over the Mountain Hawks, the Crusaders can secure the No. 4 seed and host a quarterfinal game. To secure fourth place, Bucknell has to finish with a tie or a loss at Navy (Nov. 4)
- To clinch a playoff spot, the Crusaders have to come away with at least one point in Saturday’s game. Winning the game outright will clinch a playoff spot, but a tie will depend on the outcome of the Colgate vs. Boston University and American vs. Army West Point matches.
- If the team clinches a playoff spot, it will be the first time making the Patriot League tournament since 2013.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Men's Soccer
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
Holy Cross Commencement 2018
2017-18 Year in Review