Women's Lacrosse To Play At Army; Host Bucknell
|Game 11: Holy Cross (5-5, 0-2 Patriot League) at Army West Point (4-6, 0-2 Patriot League)|
|DATE:||Wed., March 29 at 3:00 p.m.||LOCATION:||West Point, N.Y.|
|SERIES RECORD:||Holy Cross leads, 1-0||LAST MEETING:||15-7, Holy Cross (March 30, 2016)|
|LIVE STATS:||Side Arm Stats||LIVE VIDEO:||Patriot League Network|
|Game 12: Holy Cross (5-5, 0-2 Patriot League) vs. Bucknell (6-3, 1-1 Patriot League)|
|DATE:||Sat., April 1 at 2:05 p.m.||LOCATION:||Worcester, Mass.|
|SERIES RECORD:||Bucknell leads, 15-12||LAST MEETING:||10-9, Bucknell (April 2, 2016)|
|LIVE STATS:||NeuLion Stats||LIVE VIDEO:||Patriot League Network|
The Holy Cross women’s lacrosse team will play two Patriot League games this week. Here is what you need to know as the Crusaders get set to take on Army West Point on the road and Bucknell at home.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- The Crusaders will travel to Army West Point on Wednesday, March 29 for a 3:00 p.m. contest. The game can be viewed on the Patriot League Network. Go here to watch the game.
- The Crusaders are 5-5 overall this season and 0-2 in the Patriot League, while the Black Knights are 4-6 overall and 0-2 in the Patriot League. Holy Cross leads the all-time series, 1-0, as the Crusaders defeated Army, 15-7, on March 30, 2016, in the first ever meeting between the two teams.
- Then on Saturday, April 1, the Crusaders will host Bucknell at 2:05 p.m. The game can be watched on the Patriot League Network with Andy Towne and Scott Sudikoff on the call. Go here to watch the game.
- Bucknell, which plays Lafayette on March 29, is 6-3 and 1-1 in the Patriot League. The Bison lead the all-time series, 15-12. Last year, Bucknell defeated the Crusaders, 10-9, on April 2.
- After Saturday’s game, the Crusaders will host Loyola Maryland on Saturday, April 8 at 2:05 p.m., on Senior Day.
- The Team Shop will be open in the Luth Athletic Complex on Saturday, April 1! So be sure to check out all of your favorite Crusader gear!
MALONEY STRONG IN NET:
- Junior goalie Julia Maloney has been outstanding in net this season. Her 83 saves are third in the Patriot League and are 29th nationally. She is ninth in the league and 94th in the country with 2.50 ground balls per game. Maloney also recorded only the second shutout in program history in the 10-0 win versus Iona.
- Maloney’s 216 career saves are 10th all-time in program history.
MACKAY LEADS TEAM IN SCORING:
- Senior captain Tess MacKay leads the team with 20 goals and 22 points. She recorded a career-best seven goals and one assist for a career-high eight points versus Vermont.
- MacKay has 69 goals and 11 assists for 80 career points.
JOHNSON A STANDOUT ON DEFENSE:
- Senior captain Anna Johnson has been a standout on defense for the Crusaders with 27 ground balls, 34 draw controls and 14 caused turnovers. Her 3.40 draw controls per game are ninth in the league and 64th in the country. Her 2.70 ground balls per game are fourth in the league and 65th nationally.
- For her career, Johnson has 99 ground balls, 64 draw controls and 31 caused turnovers.
TEAM PHOTO BLOG:
- The Crusaders are posting a photo blog this season.
- Go here to check out the blog.
PATRIOT LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS TO BE HONORED:
- April 8th will be a special day for the Holy Cross women’s lacrosse program as it will be honoring the senior class and recognizing the accomplishments of the 2006 and 2007 Patriot League Championship teams.
- Before the Crusaders’ game against Loyola (Md.), the team will be honoring its senior class for their hard work on and off the field over the last four years. Then at halftime, the 2006 and 2007 Patriot League Championship teams will be recognized on the field for their accomplishments. In the evening, alumni, family and friends will have the opportunity to gather in the newly renovated Hart Center at the Luth Athletic Complex for a cocktail reception. The day will conclude with a dinner, celebratory program and silent auction in the Loyola Ballroom. The evening will be an opportunity to connect with the current players, coaches, alumni and parents, and to share your memories of the program. Go here to register.
- There are numerous ways to stay connected with the Holy Cross women's lacrosse team. Follow the Crusaders on Twitter @HCrossWLax, Instagram holycrosswlax and on Facebook. You can get also get the latest news and results on the women's lacrosse team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here.