Crusaders Ready For Contest At Vermont
|Game 7: Holy Cross (3-3, 0-0 Patriot League) vs. Vermont (0-6, 0-0 America East)|
|DATE:||Tue., March 7 at 3:00 p.m.||LOCATION:||Burlington, Vt.|
|SERIES RECORD:||HC leads, 8-3||LAST MEETING:||10-9, Vermont (March 30, 2011)|
|LIVE STATS:||N/A||LIVE VIDEO:||AmericaEast.TV|
The Holy Cross women’s lacrosse team will play at Vermont on Tuesday, March 7. Here is what you need to know as the Crusaders enter the sixth week of the season.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- The Crusaders (3-3) will take on Vermont (0-6) in Burlington, Vt., on Tuesday, March 7 at 3:00 p.m.
- Holy Cross is 8-3 all-time versus the Catamounts. Vermont won the last meeting between these two teams with a 10-9 win on March 30, 2011. The Crusaders’ last win in the series was a 12-10 victory versus the Catamounts on March 13, 2010. Vermont is 0-6 so far this season.
- The Crusaders are off to their best start to a season in four years when they were also 3-3 in 2013.
- After the Vermont game, the Crusaders will host Ohio State in the first ever meeting between the two programs on Saturday, March 11 at 12:05 p.m.
CRUSADERS DEFEAT UNH FOR FIRST TIME IN 11 YEARS:
- Senior Mary Patalita scored the game winning goal in overtime and posted a career-high four goals as the Crusaders defeated New Hampshire, 11-10, on March 1. This was the first time the Crusaders had defeated the Wildcats since 2006. This was the third victory versus New Hampshire in program history as the other win came in 1996.
- Patalita's game winner was the first of her career as she tallied a career-high four goals and posted her first career hat trick. All of her goals were in the second half. Her first three goals each tied the game, including tying the contest at 10-10 with just 1:15 left to send the game to overtime. She scored the game-winner with 42 seconds remaining in overtime.
- The hat trick by senior Tess MacKay was her second of the season and the sixth of her career.
- Junior Julia Maloney made eight saves to earn the win.
- The Crusaders are 3-1 at home this season.
- Go here to read the recap of the game.
MALONEY STRONG IN NET:
- Junior goalie Julia Maloney has been outstanding in net this season. Her 48 saves lead the Patriot League. Maloney also recorded only the second shutout in program history in the 10-0 win versus Iona.
- Maloney’s 181 career saves are 10th all-time in program history.
WARD LEADING THE TEAM IN SCORING:
- Senior captain Maddie Ward leads the team with 12 goals and 12 points this season. She has two hat tricks this year with three goals each versus Fairfield and Iona.
- Ward has 51 goals and eight assists for 61 career points.
- The Team Shop will be open in the Luth Athletic Complex for the Ohio State game on Saturday, March 11! So be sure to check out all of your favorite Crusader gear!
CRUSADERS RANKED NATIONALLY AND IN THE PATRIOT LEAGUE:
- Junior goalie Julia Maloney leads the Patriot League and is 26th nationally with 48 saves. Her 3.17 ground balls per game are ranked third in the league and 47th nationally.
- Senior Maddie Ward is 10th in the league and 84th nationally with 0.67 free-position goals per game. Her .667 free-position shot percentage is third in the conference and 29th nationally.
- Senior Anna Johnson is sixth in the league and 83rd nationally with 2.67 ground balls per game.
SEASON PHOTO BLOG:
- The Crusaders are posting a photo blog this season.
- Go here to check out the blog.
- There are numerous ways to stay connected with the Holy Cross women's lacrosse team. Follow the Crusaders on Twitter @HCrossWLax, Instagram HCWLAXand on Facebook. You can get also get the latest news and results on the women's lacrosse team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here.