Crusaders To Host Ohio State
|Game 8: Holy Cross (4-3, 0-0 Patriot League) vs. Ohio State (5-2, 0-0 Big Ten)|
|DATE:||Fri., March 10 at 7:05 p.m.||LOCATION:||Worcester, Mass.|
|SERIES RECORD:||First Meeting||LAST MEETING:||N/A|
|LIVE STATS:||NeuLion Stats||LIVE VIDEO:||Patriot League Network|
The Holy Cross women’s lacrosse team will host Ohio State on Friday, March 10. Here is what you need to know as the Crusaders get set to take on the Buckeyes.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- The Crusaders (4-3) will host Ohio State (5-2), on Friday, March 10 at 7:05 p.m. The game was moved from Saturday due to the forecast for extremely cold temperatures.
- The game can be viewed on the Patriot League Network with Mike Monaco and A.J. Kanell on the call. Go here to watch the game.
- This will be the first-ever meeting between the two programs. The Buckeyes are 5-2 overall this season. Ohio State has wins versus Vermont (13-9), Jacksonville (13-12), Cincinnati (17-8), California (14-8) and Duquesne (17-5), while the Buckeyes have lost to No. 15 Stanford (19-9) and No. 8 Notre Dame (16-13).
- The Crusaders have won two straight and are off to their best start to a season in four years when they were also 4-3 in 2013.
- The Crusaders are 3-1 at Kuzniewski Field at the Luth Athletic Complex so far this season.
- After the Ohio State game, the Crusaders will host Lehigh in the Patriot League season opener on Saturday, March 18 at 11:05 a.m.
- The Team Shop will be open in the Luth Athletic Complex for the Ohio State game on Friday, March 10 starting at 5:00 p.m.! So be sure to check out all of your favorite Crusader gear!
MACKAY POSTS EIGHTS POINTS AS CRUSADERS DEFEAT VERMONT:
- Senior captainTess MacKay posted a career-best seven goals and one assist for a career-high eight points as Holy Cross defeated Vermont, 14-5, on March 7. The last time a Crusader scored seven goals was Sara Hennessey on April 7, 2012, in a 20-5 win over Bucknell, while the last time a Crusader posted eight points was Katie Gardner on April 17, 2010, in a 13-4 victory The hat trick by MacKay was her third of the season and the seventh of her career.
- Sophomore Baker Earl and freshman Audrey Mandaro each tallied a career-best three points.
- Junior Kerianne Moran scored her first collegiate goal.
- Freshman Bryn Carroll’s game winner was the first of her collegiate career.
- Go here to read the recap of the game.
MALONEY STRONG IN NET:
- Junior goalie Julia Maloney has been outstanding in net this season. Her 55 saves lead the Patriot League. Maloney also recorded only the second shutout in program history in the 10-0 win versus Iona.
- Maloney’s 188 career saves are 10th all-time in program history.
MACKAY LEADING THE TEAM IN SCORING:
- Senior captain Tess MacKay leads the team with 16 goals and 17 points this season. She has three hat tricks this year and seven for her career. Her 16 goals are ranked eighth in the Patriot League.
- MacKay has 65 goals and 10 assists for 75 career points.
CRUSADERS RANKED IN THE PATRIOT LEAGUE:
- Junior goalie Julia Maloney leads the Patriot League with 55 saves. Her 21 ground balls are ranked second in the league.
- Senior Tess MacKay is eighth in the league with 16 goals. Freshman Maggie Moriarty is tied for ninth in the league with six assists.
- Senior Anna Johnsonis tied for third in the league with 18 ground balls, while her 21 draw controls are ninth in the conference.
- There are numerous ways to stay connected with the Holy Cross women's lacrosse team. Follow the Crusaders on Twitter @HCrossWLax, Instagram HCWLAXand on Facebook. You can get also get the latest news and results on the women's lacrosse team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here.