Women's Lacrosse To Travel To Annapolis To Take On Navy
|Game 10: Holy Cross (5-4, 0-1 Patriot League) at Navy (5-3, 0-1 Patriot League)|
|DATE:||Sat., March 25 at 2:00 p.m.||LOCATION:||Annapolis, Md.|
|SERIES RECORD:||Navy leads, 10-2||LAST MEETING:||7-6, Holy Cross (March 26, 2016)|
|LIVE STATS:||Stat Broadcast||LIVE VIDEO:||Patriot League Network|
The Holy Cross women’s lacrosse team will travel to Navy on Saturday, March 25, for a Patriot League matchup. Here is what you need to know as the Crusaders get set to take on the Mids.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- The Crusaders will travel to Navy on Saturday, March 25 for a 2:00 p.m. contest.
- The game can be viewed on the Patriot League Network. Go here to watch the game.
- The Crusaders are 5-4 overall this season and 0-1 in the Patriot League, while the Midshipmen are 5-3 overall and 0-1 in the Patriot League.
- Navy leads the all-time series, 10-2. Last year the Crusaders defeated the Mids by a 7-6 score on March 26.
- After Saturday’s game, the Crusaders will travel to West Point, N.Y., to play Army West Point on Wednesday, March 29 at 3:00 p.m.
MALONEY STRONG IN NET:
- Junior goalie Julia Maloney has been outstanding in net this season. Her 76 saves are third in the Patriot League and are 22nd nationally. Maloney is second in the league and 18th in the country with a 9.18 goals against average. She is fourth in the league and 77th in the country with 2.67 ground balls per game. Maloney also recorded only the second shutout in program history in the 10-0 win versus Iona.
- Maloney’s 209 career saves are 10th all-time in program history.
MACKAY LEADS TEAM IN SCORING:
- Senior captain Tess MacKay leads the team with 20 goals, which are eighth in the Patriot League and 85th in the nation. She recorded a career-best seven goals and one assist for a career-high eight points versus Vermont. MacKay netted her fourth hat trick of the year and the eighth of her career in the win against Ohio State. She also has a team-best 22 points on the season.
- MacKay has 69 goals and 11 assists for 80 career points.
JOHNSON A STANDOUT ON DEFENSE:
- Senior captain Anna Johnson has been a standout on defense for the Crusaders with 24 ground balls, 33 draw controls and 13 caused turnovers. Her 3.67 draw controls per game are ninth in the league and 62nd in the country. She is tied with Maloney with 2.67 ground balls per game, ranked fourth in the league and 77th in the nation.
- For her career, Johnson has 96 ground balls, 63 draw controls and 30 caused turnovers.
CRUSADERS RANKED IN THE PATRIOT LEAGUE:
- Junior goalie Julia Maloney is third in the Patriot League with 76 saves, while she is second with a 9.18 goals against average. Her .481 save percentage is third and her 2.67 ground balls per game are tied for fourth.
- Senior Tess MacKay is eighth the league with 20 goals.
- Senior Anna Johnson is tied for fourth in the league with 2.67 ground balls per game and is ninth with 3.67 draw controls per game.
- Senior Mary Patalita is 10th in the conference with 0.67 free position goals per game and a .400 free position shot percentage.
TEAM PHOTO BLOG:
- The Crusaders are posting a photo blog this season.
- Go here to check out the blog.
PATRIOT LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS TO BE HONORED:
- April 8th will be a special day for the Holy Cross women’s lacrosse program as it will be honoring the senior class and recognizing the accomplishments of the 2006 and 2007 Patriot League Championship teams.
- Before the Crusaders’ game against Loyola (Md.), the team will be honoring its senior class for their hard work on and off the field over the last four years. Then at halftime, the 2006 and 2007 Patriot League Championship teams will be recognized on the field for their accomplishments. In the evening, alumni, family and friends will have the opportunity to gather in the newly renovated Hart Center at the Luth Athletic Complex for a cocktail reception. The day will conclude with a dinner, celebratory program and silent auction in the Loyola Ballroom. The evening will be an opportunity to connect with the current players, coaches, alumni and parents, and to share your memories of the program. Go here to register.
- There are numerous ways to stay connected with the Holy Cross women's lacrosse team. Follow the Crusaders on Twitter @HCrossWLax, Instagram holycrosswlaxand on Facebook. You can get also get the latest news and results on the women's lacrosse team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here.