Crusaders Set For Lafayette
Holy Cross Athletics 04-18-2011
Overall: 5-11 (2-3 Patriot League) Last Week: 0-2
Scoreboard: Harvard 10, Holy Cross 6, Worcester, Mass., 4/13
Lehigh 15, Holy Cross 4, Worcester, Mass., 4/16
Schedule: Saturday, April 23 at Lafayette, Easton, Pa., 1:00 p.m.
- The Crusaders return to action when they conclude the season when they travel to Easton, Pa., for a 1:00 p.m. contest on Saturday, April 23 versus Lafayette at Fisher Stadium. The Leopards, who play Villanova on Wednesday, are 2-12 overall and 1-4 in the league. The Crusaders have won six straight over Lafayette as the Leopards' last win in the series was by a 17-11 score on April 10, 2004 in Worcester. Lafayette leads the Patriot League with 17.93 ground balls per game and 9.14 caused turnovers per contest. The Leopards are 22nd in the nation in ground balls per game and 18th in caused turnovers per contest. Ana White is second nationally with 5.36 draw controls per game and fifth with 2.29 caused turnovers per contest. Lafayette has wins over Davidson (11-8) and Bucknell (13-11), while it has losses to Marist (13-12 2OT), La Salle (9-8), Monmouth (14-5), St. Mary's (9-8), California (13-10), Navy (17-7), Penn State (17-9), Lehigh (18-9), Temple (12-11), American (10-9), Columbia (13-11) and Colgate (13-9). This will also be the Leopards last game of the season.
- Senior Meg O'Leary (Longmeadow, Mass.) now has 110 career points with 74 goals and 36 assists. Her 36 career assists are sixth all-time at the school, while her 78 draw controls are fifth all-time. O'Leary's 61 career caused turnovers are third all-time in program history. This season she is fourth on the team with 17 goals, fourth with seven assists and is third with 24 points, while she is tied for the team-lead with a career-best 36 ground balls.
- Junior Kat Sutton (Saratoga Springs, N.Y.) now has 86 goals and 18 assists for 104 points. This season she leads the team with 30 goals and 38 points, while she is also first with 11 free-position goals. Her career-best eight assists are tied for second on the team. Her 75 career draw controls are eighth all-time in program history.
- Senior goalie Amy Martin (Bloomfield, Mich.) has 124 saves this season which are 19th nationally, while her 7.75 saves per game are third in the Patriot League. Martin has 613 career saves, 93 career ground balls and 21 career victories. She is third all-time in program history in saves and victories, while she is ninth all-time in Patriot League history in saves.
- Senior Annie Boylan (Andover, Mass.) is second on the team with a career-best 36 ground balls and she leads the team with 25 draw controls. Her 129 career draw controls are second all-time in program history.
- Sophomore Sara Cox (Chatham, N.J.) leads the team with a career-best 20 caused turnovers. Her 20 caused turnovers are tied for fifth all-time for a season at the school.
- Senior Cassie Rudden (Hopkinton, Mass.) leads the team with a career-best 11 assists, while she is fifth with a career-best 18 points. She also has a career-best seven goals.