Crusaders To Play At BU; Host American
|Game 15: HOLY CROSS (2-12, 2-4 PL) at BOSTON UNIVERSITY (7-7, 4-3 PL)|
|DATE:||Wed., Apr. 20 at 7:00 p.m.||LOCATION:||Boston, Mass.|
|SERIES RECORD:||BU leads 8-1||LAST MEETING:||9-8 BU, 3/18/15
|LIVE STATS:||Game Tracker||LIVE VIDEO:||Patriot League Network|
|Game 16: HOLY CROSS (2-12, 2-4 PL) vs. AMERICAN (5-10, 2-5 PL)|
|DATE:||Sat., Apr. 23 at 1:05 p.m.||LOCATION:||Worcester, Mass.|
|SERIES RECORD:||HC leads 11-6||LAST MEETING:||15-10 HC, 3/14/15
|LIVE STATS:||NeuLion Stats||LIVE VIDEO:||Patriot League Network|
The Holy Cross women’s lacrosse team will take on Patriot League opponents Boston University and American this week. Here is what you need to know as the Crusaders prepare to meet the Terriers and the Eagles.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Holy Cross will play at Boston University in a Turnpike Trophy game on Wednesday, April 20 at 7:00 p.m., at Nickerson Field.
- The Terriers are 7-7 overall and 4-3 in the Patriot League.
- Then on Saturday, April 23, the Crusaders will host American at 1:05 p.m.
- The Eagles, who play Navy on Wednesday, are 5-10 overall so far this season and 2-5 in the Patriot League.
- After the American game, the Crusaders will conclude the regular season when they host Colgate on Saturday, April 30 at 1:00 p.m. on Senior Day.
THE TURNPIKE TROPHY:
- The game between the Crusaders and the Terriers is part of the inaugural Turnpike Trophy competition. Go here for the schedule and results of the Turnpike Trophy.
- There will be a MVP named after the game.
- This athletic series between the in-state Patriot League rivals awards points for all head-to-head victories in both the regular season and postseason, with the Turnpike Trophy going to the school which accumulates the most points at the end of the academic year.
- After this game, the next Turnpike Trophy match-up will be on April 22, when the men’s lacrosse teams square off in Worcester at 7:05 p.m., with the winner of the game qualifying for the Patriot League Tournament.
SENIOR DAY ON APRIL 30:
- On Saturday, April 30, the Crusaders will honor their six seniors for their hard work and dedication to the program over the last four years.
- This senior class has played in five Patriot League Tournament games and appeared in the championship game in 2013 as freshmen.
CONCILIO LEADS THE TEAM IN POINTS:
- Senior Kaitlin Concilio (Ridgewood, N.J.) leads the team this season with 17 assists and 30 points. Concilio is tied for eighth the Patriot League with 1.21 assists per game. Her 17 assists are ranked 62nd nationally.
- Concilio has 56 goals and 65 assists for 121 career points. She is the 21st Crusader in the history of the program to reach 100 career points.
- Concilio’s 65 assists are third all-time in the history of the program.
WARD LEADS THE TEAM IN GOALS:
- Junior Maddie Ward (Norwell, Mass.) leads the team with 16 goals, while her 19 points are second.
- Ward posted a career-best five goals as the Crusaders defeated Army West Point, 15-7, on March 30. To read the recap go here.
- For her career, Ward has 35 goals and eight assists for 43 points.
DROLLINGER NETS FIRST COLLEGIATE GOAL:
- Senior captain and defender Casey Drollinger (Mountain Lakes, N.J.) has 54 career caused turnovers which are seventh all-time in program history. This season she has 16 caused turnovers.
- On April 15 versus Lafayette, Drollinger scored her first collegiate goal.
KUZNIEWSKI FIELD DEDICATION:
- On April 22, the Kuzniewski Field dedication will take place at the men’s lacrosse game against Boston University. Former student-athletes are encouraged to attend, as Fr. Kuzniewski will be honored at halftime for his many years of dedication and service to Holy Cross.
- Go here for more details on the Kuzniewski Field dedication ceremony.
- The Crusaders are blogging about the 2016 season.
- Read the blog here.
BOZEL, DROLLINGER & SMITH LEAD TEAM AS CAPTAINS:
- Senior defender Casey Drollinger, senior midfielder Margie Smith (Mountain Lakes, N.J.) and senior attacker MacKenzie Bozel (Hunt Valley, Md.) are serving as captains for the 2016 season.
- There are numerous ways to stay connected with the Holy Cross women's lacrosse team. Follow the Crusaders on Twitter @HCrossWLax, Instagram HCWLAX and on Facebook. You can get also get the latest news and results on the women's lacrosse team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here.