Crusaders To Take On Georgetown & Marist
Holy Cross Athletics 04-13-2017
The Holy Cross men’s rowing team will continue its 2017 season against Georgetown and Marist in the Healy Cup. Here is what you need to know as the Crusaders prepare for the Healy Cup.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- On Saturday, April 15, the Holy Cross men’s rowing team will compete against Georgetown and Marist in the Healy Cup in Princeton, N.J. on Lake Carnegie.
- The Crusaders will compete for the Healy Cup versus Georgetown. The Healy Cup was named in honor of Father Patrick Healy who graduated from Holy Cross (Class of 1850) and then went on to become the President of Georgetown. The cup was donated by the HC and Georgetown classes of 2010 and is given to the winner of the varsity eight race between the two schools.
- Last year, Georgetown took the Healy Cup in this regatta.
- Last week, the varsity eight defeated #20 Drexel at the George Washington Invitational. To read the recap go here.
- After the Healy Cup, the Crusaders will host Trinity and Wesleyan on Sunday, April 23 on Lake Quinsigamond.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Men's Rowing
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
2017-18 Year in Review
Baseball Patriot League Semifinal Hype