Crusaders Ready For National Championship
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross men's rowing team will compete at the 115th Intercollegiate Rowing Association (IRA) National Championship on Lake Natoma in Gold River, Calif., from June 2-4. This will be the Crusaders' 12th straight appearance at the IRAs. Here is what you need to know as Holy Cross prepares to compete in the oldest college rowing championship in the United States against the nation's top programs.
VARSITY FOUR SET FOR IRAS:
- The Crusaders' varsity four will kick off its action at the IRAs on Friday, June 2, at 2:30 p.m. (Eastern Time) when they take on Columbia, Fairfield, Gonzaga, Cornell and Marietta College in the fourth heat.
- There are 21 boats competing in the varsity four event with four heats.
- Last year, the Crusaders' varsity four placed fourth. Go here to read the recap.
- The Crusaders' best ever finish in the varsity four was third in 1983.
IRA NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP LINKS:
MEET THE CREW:
- Sophomore coxswain Ben MacDougald, senior captain Vince LaMonte, junior Chris Paul, freshman Nate Gould and sophomore Barrett Shea will represent the Crusaders. This will be the fourth IRA appearances for LaMonte and the third for Paul. This will be the first appearances for MacDougald, Gould and Shea.
- LaMonte was also a part of the varsity eight that recorded a program-best 17th-place finish at the 2015 IRAs.
- All five members of the varsity four competed for the Crusaders' varsity eight this season.
LAKE NATOMA LINKS:
- For fans attending the IRA National Championship at Lake Natoma, here is key information.
- Admission is $10.00 per person, per day. Cash only
- Venue Information
- Local Weather