Men's Rowing Set for IRA Championship
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross men’s rowing team will compete at the 116th Intercollegiate Rowing Association (IRA) National Championship on Mercer Lake in West Windsor, N.J. from June 1-3. This will be the Crusaders’ 13th straight appearance at the IRAs. Holy Cross will race its varsity four boat in the IRAs.
- At 10:39 a.m. the varsity four will begin its action at the IRAs on Friday, June 1. The Crusaders will race against Boston University, Harvard, Fairfield, George Washington, and California in the fourth heat.
- There are six varsity four heats, with 32 boats competing.
- In the 2017 varsity four Championship, the Crusaders finished first in the third-level final with a time of 6:33.349.
- The Lineup for the IRAs is: Ben MacDougald, Paul Stanovich, John Romano, Nate Gould, and Brendan McCabe. This will be the second appearance for MacDougald and Nate Gould, while it is the first appearance for Stanovich, Romano, and McCabe.
- The Crusaders will race in a semifinal race on June 2 and a final race on June 3, with times depending on seeding.
To follow along throughout the weekend:
-Go Cross Go-