Women's Golf Ready To Open Spring Season At Bison In Las Vegas Invitational
Bison in Las Vegas Invitational
Monday & Tuesday, March 7-8
Boulder Creek Golf Course (Boulder Creek, Nev.)
Desert Hawk Course (par 36, 3,028)
Coyote Run Course (par 36, 3,052)
Eldorado Valley Course (par 36, 3,043)
The Holy Cross women’s golf team heads to Boulder Creek, Nev. on Monday and Tuesday, March 7-8 to open its 2016 spring season at the Bison in Las Vegas Invitational. The event will be played at the Par-72 Boulder Creek Golf Course. Tee times begin at 11:00 a.m. on both days.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE CRUSADERS:
- The Crusaders will be piloted this season by first-year head coach Tim Bibaud, who comes to Holy Cross after 21 seasons as the men’s golf coach at Assumption. Bibaud graduated from Holy Cross in 1981. For more on Bibaud, click here.
- Crusader seniors Marisa Cameron (Garden City, N.Y.) and Lydia Deneen (Hubbardston, Mass.) will serve as team captains for the 2015-2016 season. To read the announcement, click here.
- The Crusaders return seven letterwinners from last season’s squad and welcome one freshman. Click here to view the complete roster.
2015 FALL SEASON:
- The Crusaders competed in five golf tournaments during the 2015 fall slate.
- Holy Cross kicked off the fall season with a dual-match victory over Wellesley at the Neihoiden Golf Club, as the team combined to shoot a 337 (+49).
- Next at the Lady Pennman Invitational, Holy Cross finshed fourth out of six teams, posting a score of 679 strokes (+95).
- For the Mount Holyoke Invitational, the team combined for a total score of 691 strokes (+115) for an eighth place finish out of 14 teams.
- In the Williams Fall Invitational, the Crusaders finished 10th of 15 teams and recorded a team score of 726 strokes (+158).
- Holy Cross concluded its 2015 fall season with a ninth place finish for the Lehigh Invitational, as the team tallied a score of 724 strokes (+148).
2016 SPRING SCHEDULE:
- The women’s team will compete in four tournaments during the 2016 spring season. To view the full schedule, click here.
- After the Bison in Las Vegas Invitational, the Crusaders will tee off at the University of Hartford Invitational located at Tumble Creek Golf Club in Bloomfield, Conn. from April 9-10.
- Next, Holy Cross will travel to Timber Banks Golf Club in Baldwinsville, N.Y. for the LeMoyne College Invitational from April 16-17.
- The Crusaders will conclude their regular season from April 23-24 for the Patriot League Championship at Bucknell University’s Golf Club in Lewisburg, Pa.
- Women’s golf will be back in action on April 9-10 for the University of Hartford Invitational at Tumble Creek Golf Club in Bloomfield, Conn. to partake in 36 holes.