Crusaders To Host Air Force On Dec. 2-3
PDF of Complete Game Notes
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- The Holy Cross men’s hockey team will return to action on Friday and Saturday, Dec. 2-3, when it hosts Air Force in a two-game series at the Hart Center at the Luth Athletic Complex at 7:05 p.m. Friday will be Militiary Appreciation Night, while the team will partner with Skating For A Hope on Saturday.
- The Crusaders are 4-3-3 versus Air Force over the last 10 meetings. Last year, the series was tied at 2-2-0.
- The Crusaders are third in Atlantic Hockey in scoring offense with 3.25 goals per game, while the Falcons are fourth with 3.21 goals per contest. The Crusaders are seventh in scoring defense by allowing 3.25 goals per game, while Air Force is ninth with 3.36 goals allowed per contest.
- The Crusaders are third in the league with a .209 power play percentage, while the Falcons are fifth with a .169 percentage. The Crusaders are 10th with a .778 penalty kill percentage, while Air Force is second with a .882 percentage.
- After the series with Air Force, the Crusaders will play a home-and-home series with Army West Point on Friday and Saturday, Dec. 9-10. The game on Friday will be at Tate Rink in West Point, N.Y., while the contest on Saturday will be at the Hart Center at the Luth Athletic Complex.
LOPEZ ON 10-GAME POINT STREAK:
- Junior forward Danny Lopez has posted at least one point in 10 straight games with six goals and five assists for 11 points. His streak is the longest for a Crusader in 11 years when Tyler McGregor posted a 12-game streak in 2005-2006. For the season, he is second on the team with seven goals, third with eight assists and tied for first with 15 points. For his career, he has 20 goals and 17 assists for 37 points. His 15 points are tied for second in Atlantic Hockey. His five power play goals are tied for third in the nation.
Video: Preview of Air Force Series
HOLDING ON TO THE LEAD:
- The Crusaders are 3-0-1 this season and 28-2-4 under head coach David Berard when leading after the second period.
THE SERIES WITH AIR FORCE:
- These games will be the 44th and 45th times the two programs have met. The Falcons lead the all-time series, 22-10-11. The Crusaders are 6-13-9 against the Falcons since Air Force entered Atlantic Hockey in the 2006-2007 season. Over the last 10 games, the Crusaders are 4-3-3 versus the Falcons. These two teams have met twice in the Atlantic Hockey Tournament as the Falcons won 3-0 in the quarterfinals on March 10, 2007, while Air Force also won 3-2 in the semifinals on March 18, 2011.
MOORE LEADS THE LEAGUE IN GOALS:
- Junior forward T.J. Moore leads Atlantic Hockey with 10 goals. His 0.83 goals per game are tied for fifth nationally. This season he has 10 goals and five assists for 15 points. For his career, Moore has 36 goals and 30 assists for 66 points. He set school records by recording two straight hat tricks as the Crusaders went 1-0-1 at Niagara on Oct. 7-8. Moore is the first player in the program’s Division I history to record two straight hat tricks. He is also the first player to post three career hat tricks and the third Crusader to have a hat trick in a period. There are only 39 current college hockey players with a hat trick in their career as Moore is the only player with more than one.
BARRETT SECOND IN AHC IN ASSISTS:
- Senior assistant captain Mike Barrett is second in Atlantic Hockey in assists with 11. This season he has three goals and 11 assists for 14 points. For his career, he has 36 goals and 50 assists for 86 points.
BERRAFATO ON RICHTER AWARD WATCH LIST:
- Junior goalie Paul Berrafato is one of 20 student-athletes named to the 2017 Mike Richter Award Watch List, as announced by Let’s Play Hockey and the Herb Brooks Foundation. The award honors the most outstanding goaltender in NCAA men’s hockey.
BE PART OF THE ACTION THIS SEASON:
- To purchase tickets for the 2016-2017 Holy Cross men's hockey season, call 1-844-GOCROSS or visit GoHolyCross.com/Tickets.