Crusaders To Play U.S. National University Team At New England Sports Center
Holy Cross Athletics 12-26-2016
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- The Holy Cross men’s hockey team returns to action when it takes on the United States Men’s National University Team in an exhibition game at the New England Sports Center in Marlborough on Tuesday, Dec. 27, at 7:00 p.m. Go here for tickets.
- The U.S. National University Team is preparing for the 28th Winter World University Games. The competition will take place in Almaty, Kazakhstan, from January 28 to February 8, 2017.
- The Crusaders are 2-0-0 all-time at the New England Sports Center. Holy Cross defeated No. 15 Yale, 5-4, on Dec. 30, 2012. The Bulldogs would go onto to win the national championship that season. The Crusaders also defeated Carleton in an exhibition game this season, 7-5, on Oct. 1.
- The Crusaders (6-7-3, 3-4-3 Atlantic Hockey) are fourth in Atlantic Hockey in scoring offense with 2.94 goals per game and are fourth in the league with a .198 power play percentage. The Crusaders lead the league and are third nationally with just 10.6 penalty minutes per game.
- So far this season, the Crusaders have defeated two nationally ranked opponents, downing No. 11 Providence on Oct. 15 at the DCU Center and No. 20 Union on Nov. 1 at the Hart Center at the Luth Athletic Complex. Providence won the 2015 national championship, while Union won the championship in 2014. After the loss to the Crusaders, Union has gone 8-1-1 and are currently No. 10 in the nation. This was the second time in a season in program history that the Crusaders have defeated two nationally ranked teams.
- After the game with the U.S. Men’s National University Team, the Crusaders will host Canisius at the Hart Center at the Luth Athletic Complex on Friday and Saturday, Dec. 30-31 at 4:05 p.m.
LOPEZ ON SCHOOL RECORD 14-GAME POINT STREAK:
- Junior forward Danny Lopez has posted at least one point in 14 straight games with nine goals and six assists for 15 points during this stretch. His 14-game point streak is the longest in the Division I history of the program. For the season, he is second on the team with 10 goals, third with nine assists and tied for first with 19 points. For his career, he has 23 goals and 18 assists for 41 points. His 19 points are tied for fourth in Atlantic Hockey. His seven power play goals are tied for second in the nation.
HOLDING ON TO THE LEAD:
- The Crusaders are 4-0-1 this season and 29-2-4 under head coach David Berard when leading after the second period.
MOORE 2ND IN THE LEAGUE IN GOALS:
- Junior forward T.J. Moore is tied for second in Atlantic Hockey with 11 goals. This season he has 11 goals and eight assists for 19 points. He leads the team in goals, is fourth in assists and is tied for first in points. For his career, Moore has 37 goals and 33 assists for 70 points. He set school records by recording two straight hat tricks as the Crusaders went 1-0-1 at Niagara on Oct. 7-8. Moore is the first player in the program’s Division I history to record two straight hat tricks. He is also the first player to post three career hat tricks and the third Crusader to have a hat trick in a period. There are only 39 current college hockey players with a hat trick in their career as Moore is the only player with more than one.
BE PART OF THE ACTION THIS SEASON:
- To purchase tickets for the 2016-2017 Holy Cross men's hockey season, call 1-844-GOCROSS or visit GoHolyCross.com/Tickets.
- There are numerous ways to stay connected with the Holy Cross men's hockey team. Follow the Crusaders on Twitter @HCrossMHockey, Facebook and Instagram.
Consider making a gift to support the hockey program through the Crusader Athletics Fund before the end of the calendar year. Click here to give.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Men's Ice Hockey
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
Men's Basketball vs. Bucknell Video Recap (2/17/2018)
Women's Basketball vs. Army Video Recap (2/14/2018)
Baseball Dinner Recap