Men's Hockey To Face Army West Point
Holy Cross to Travel To West Point
• The Holy Cross men’s hockey team will travel to West Point, N.Y. for two games with Army on Nov. 17-18 at 7:05 p.m. at Tate Rink.
• The Crusaders grabbed three league points with a 3-0 win over Air Force on Nov. 10 and a 3-3 tie with the Falcons on Nov. 11 at the Hart Center.
• Brett Mulcahy scored two goals on Nov. 11. His first tally of the game served as the game-winner, marking his second of the season and ranking him fifth nationally in game-winning goals.
• Paul Berrafato recorded his second shutout of the year, with a 27-save effort.
• Berrafato’s performance earned him Atlantic Hockey Goalie of the Week honors for the second time in the 2017-18 season.
• Holy Cross completed the weekend without allowing a power play goal across five kills.
• Peter Crinella’s power play goal on Nov. 10 elevated the team’s conversion rate to 19.0% on the season.
• Scott Pooley remains at the top of the national rankings and Atlantic Hockey rankings in goals, adding his third multi-point game of the season.
• Junior forward Mitch Collett has tallied six points, recording at least one point in each weekend of play since opening the season.
• After the 1-0-1 weekend, Holy Cross remains unbeaten at the Hart Center this season.
• The senior class has accounted for 59% of the Crusaders offense this season, scoring 19 of the team’s 32 goals.
• After playing a weekend series with Air Force, the Crusaders head into their second-consecutive series with a service academy.
Berrafato in Goal
• The senior goaltender claimed Atlantic Hockey Goalie of the Week honors for the second time this season (Nov. 14, Oct. 24).
• Berrafato recorded his second shutout of the season against Air Force on Nov. 10 with 27 saves.
• His .926 save percentage ranks 12th nationally and third in Atlantic Hockey.
• With two shutouts, Berrafato is tied for the second most shutouts in the nation this season.
Pooley On A Roll
• Nationally, Scott Pooley ranks second in goals (10) and third in power play goals (4).
• In Atlantic Hockey, the senior forward leads the league in scoring and in power play goals. He is tied for third in points (12) and tied for seventh in power play points (4-1-5).
• On Nov. 11, Pooley recorded his third multi-goal game and fourth multi-point game of the season.
• The senior forward leads the Crusaders in points (10-2-12).
A Freshman Impact
• Logan Ferguson has been steadily contributing to the Crusaders’ offense with seven points in 10 games played.
• The freshman forward ranks third amongst his teammates in points (7) and leads the team in helpers, with six.
• He is tied for the third most freshmen points in Atlantic Hockey with one goal and six assists.
• Since Oct. 20, Ferguson has recorded at least on point in each weekend of play.
Scouting The Black Knights
• The Black Knights open the weekend with a 6-4-0 Atlantic Hockey record.
• Despite having six conference wins, the Black Knights have yet to win at home, with a 0-2-0 record at Tate Rink.
• Army leads the league with 12 points from six conference wins, defeating AIC, Robert Morris, Air Force, and Niagara.
• Most recently, Army split a road series with Niagara, winning 3-1 on Nov. 10 and falling 3-2 on Nov. 11.
• The Black Knights enter the series with a conversion rate of 15.9% on the power play (7-44).
• Army holds an 88.6% success rate on the penalty kill, allowing just five power play goals.
Black Knights to Watch
• Three Black Knights sit atop the Atlantic Hockey points rankings. Michael Wilson holds the team best 12 points on eight goals and four assists.
• Tyler Pham and Dominic Franco have recorded 10 points, each with three goals and seven assists.
• Wilson also leads the team in power play goals (3).
• Cole Burns has played all 10 games for Army, amassing 286 saves. The senior goaltender holds a .935 save percentage and a 2.03 goals against average.
Holy Cross and Atlantic Hockey
• The Crusaders average 3.20 goals per game ranks the fourth highest in the league and their 2.60 goals against ranks third.
• Johnny Coughlin ranks fourth among the league in blocked shots (21).
• Ferguson holds the third highest spot in freshman scoring (1-5-6).
• Michael Laffin ranks third amongst the league in plus/minus at +6
The Last Time Against Army
• In the 2016-17 series, the Crusaders were swept by the Black Kights.
• On Feb. 18, all four points recorded by the Crusaders came from returners. Peter Crinella and Ryan Ferrill each scored while Johnny Coughlin and Charrlie Barrow recorded assists.
Recapping Last Weekend
• Holy Cross took three points in the Air Force series after shutting out the Falcons, 3-0 (Nov. 10) and tying, 3-3 (Nov. 11).
• Four Crusaders recorded more than one point over the two games, led by Brett Mulcahy and Scott Pooley with two goals apiece. Peter Crinella and Ryan Ferrill each notched one goal and one assist.
• The Crusaders will take a break from conference play to play a mid-week game at Brown on Tuesday, Nov. 21. Puck drop is at 7:05 p.m. at Meehan Auditorium in Providence, R.I.
• Holy Cross will return to the Hart Center to host Arizona State University on Nov. 24 and Nov. 25. Puck drop is slated for 7:05 both nights at the Hart Center.