Men's Hockey To Play Matinée at American International
WORCESTER, Mass. - The Crusaders will play one matinée in Springfield, Mass. at the MassMutual Center against the Yellow Jackets at 2:00 p.m. Holy Cross students will have free admission with a student ID.
• Holy Cross sits in third place in the Atlantic Hockey standings, with two regular season games left, both against AIC.
• Only four points separate first and fourth place, with Canisius, Mercyhurst, Holy Cross, and Robert Morris in the mix of the top four.
• The Crusaders are led by Scott Pooley, with 18 goals and 33 points in 32 games played.
• T.J. Moore has hit the 20-point mark in assists, at 21. The senior forward has posted 27 points on the season. Moore has recorded 103 career points.
• In its last weekend of play, Holy Cross dropped two games at Mercyhurst. On Feb. 9, the Crusaders fell to a 6-3 deficit and nearly evened the score but finished short, 6-5.
• Against Mercyhurst, Peter Crinella and Dalton Skelly led the Crusaders, each with a career-high on Feb. 9. Crinella scored two goals while Skelly added two assists.
• The Crusaders have played evenly across each period throughout the season, with 31 goals in the first and third period and 30 goals in the second period.
• Paul Berrafato holds a .917 save percentage over the season, ranks second in Atlantic Hockey. Berrafato has recorded 935 saves throughout the season.
• Will Brophy scored his first goal as a Crusader on Feb. 9 with a point shot.
• Scott Pooley has been nominated for the Hobey Baker fan ballot. Vote once daily at www.hobeybaker.com/vote.
Pooley for Hobey Baker
• With 33 points, Scott Pooley leads the Crusaders.
• He also ranks second in Atlantic Hockey in goal scoring (18).
• Pooley has added 15 assists.
• With 33 points, Pooley ranks third in Atlantic Hockey.
• On the power play, Pooley has totaled 12 points on eight goals and four assists.
• Pooley’s eight power play goals ranks second in the league.
Berrafato in Goal
• Paul Berrafato’s .917 save percentage ranks second in Atlantic Hockey.
• On Jan. 26, the senior goaltender recorded his 10th career shutout.
• In the Crusaders’ 4-0 win over RIT, Berrafato posted 29 saves to claim his fourth shutout of the year and tie Holy Cross’ all-time single season shutout record.
• Berrafato has played every minute in goal for the Crusaders and has started 97-consecutive games, leading all active goaltenders in consecutive starts.
66th Walter Brown Award
• Paul Berrafato and Scott Pooley are among 14 other semifinalists to be nominated for the 66th Walter Brown Award.
• Holy Cross is one of only four schools to have multiple nominees.
• Eleven Crusaders have recorded double-digit points through 30 games.
• Logan Ferguson is the first freshman and eleventh Crusader to hit the double-digit point mark with two goals and eight assists.
• Four Crusaders have reached the 20-point mark.
• Senior forward Danny Lopez ranks third in points for Holy Cross, recording 13 goals and 10 assists for 23 points.
• Seven of Lopez’s 22 points have come on the power play.
• Lopez is the third Crusader to hit double digits in both goals and assists.
Power Play Production
• The Crusaders have tallied 21 power play goals, coming from eight different players.
No Laffin Matter
• Michael Laffin ranks second in points on the team with 27. He also ranks second in blocked shots (41).
• Laffin has recorded 18 points in the Crusaders’ last 15 games.
Holy Cross in January
•Through January, Michael Laffin and Danny Lopez led the team each with eight points. Laffin recorded two goals and six assists. Lopez has scored five goals with three assists.
• Paul Berrafato posted a .929 save percentage in eight games to open 2018.
Scouting The Yellow Jackets
• The Yellow Jackets were the first team to take a weekend sweep over the Crusaders in their home-and-home in early January.
• AIC sits in ninth place, with 20 points and three games to play in the regular season.
• The Crusaders head to the MassMutual Center as AIC has played their last three games on the road to a 0-2-1 record.
Yellow Jackets to Watch
• Freshman defender Brennan Kapcheck has recorded 21 points to lead the team with six goals and 15 assists.
• Blake Christensen has played in 27 games and leads the team in goals (11) and power play goals (5).
• Stefano Durante leads between the pipes for AIC, playing in 20 games. Durante holds a 2.35 goals against average and .908 save percentage with a 7-9-2 record.
• Holy Cross has 28 points to hold third place.
• There Crusaders have only two games to play in the regular season.
• Canisius holds first place with 30 points.
• Mercyhurst and Robert Morris are also in the top four mix, at 28 and 26 points respectively.
The Last Time Out: Mercyhurst
Feb. 9 at Mercyhurst: L, 6-5
Holy Cross Goals: Darrar, Crinella (2), Brophy, Ferrill
Holy Cross Goalie: Paul Berrafato (32 saves)
Power Play: 0-3
Notes: Crinella and Skelly hit career highs.
Feb. 10 at Mercyhurst: L, 4-0
Holy Cross Goalie: Paul Berrafato (15 saves)
Power Play: 0-5
Notes: Holy Cross outshot Mercyhurst, 34-19
• Holy Cross will play American International College in their regular season finale at 7:05 p.m. on Feb. 22 at the Hart Center.