Women's Soccer Plays To 1-1 Draw With Lafayette On Senior Day
|Shots on Goal||10||4|
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross women’s soccer team battled to a 1-1 tie with Lafayette on the team’s senior day Saturday afternoon. The Crusaders maintained control for most of the first half, outshooting the Leopards 9-4. Holy Cross took the first lead of the game in the 34th minute, as junior Stephanie Lund scored on a rush up the middle of the field.
The Crusaders continued their pressure in the second half, and outshot Lafayette 7-2. The Leopards managed to tie the game in the 84th minute of play, as Krista Kissell scored with a snipe to the upper corner after a long lead pass up the field. Through two overtime periods, Holy Cross outshot Lafayette 9-3, but neither team was able to find a game-winning goal.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The Crusaders outshot Lafayette 25-9.
- Sophomore Caroline Cashion made three saves In net for Holy Cross.
- Maggie Pohl made three saves in the first half while Kelly O’Brien stopped six shots in the remainder of the game for Lafayette.
- Lund led Holy Cross with six shots.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Prior to the game, Holy Cross honored seniors Kara Shaw, Allie Neumann, Emily George, Caitlin Harty and Christina Callahan for their dedication to the program over the last four years.
- Lund’s goal in the first half was the first of her career.
- The Crusaders will be back in action Wednesday, Sept. 27, as they travel to Boston University at 7:05 p.m.