Kimball And Rasmus Compete In The Pentathlon To Open Competition At Patriot League Championship
Results: No Final Score
Location: Boston, Mass. (BU Track and Tennis Center)
Date: February 17, 2017
The Lead: The Holy Cross women’s track and field team opened competition at the Patriot League Championship with the pentathlon, as senior co-captain Jennifer Kimball recorded a score of 3119, while sophomore Lauren Rasmus earned a score of 2981 on Friday.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Kimball took fifth place overall in the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 9.44, while Rasmus finished ninth with her mark of 9.81. Kimball earned 820 points for her performance in this event.
- Kimball later tied for fifth in the high jump, clearing a height of 1.56 meters. Rasmus finished ninth with her height of 1.53 meters.
- In the shot put, Kimball threw a 9.41-meter toss, landing her in sixth place, while Rasmus delivered an 8.21-meter throw.
- For the long jump, Rasmus hit a distance of 4.83 meters, while Kimball jumped for 4.69 meters.
- Rasmus (2:33.41) and Kimball (2:34.10) took the eighth and ninth-place spots, respectively to wrap up the pentathlon with the 800-meter run. Kimball’s score was a season-best mark for the Crusaders.
- Sarah Cassidy of Lehigh won the pentathlon with a score of 3511.
- Competition for the Patriot League Championship continues tomorrow, with the action set to begin at 8:45 a.m.