Matherne Leads Women's Track & Field at John Thomas Terrier Classic
Holy Cross Athletics 01-26-2018
BOSTON, Mass. - Senior Zoe Matherne led the Crusaders at BU's John Thomas Terrier Classic on Friday, Jan. 26.
HOLY CROSS HIGHLIGHTS:
- Matherne finished fourth overall in the 800m and set a new Holy Cross indoor record with a finals time of 2:08.07, which is .02 seconds off of her personal-best time. With this time, Matherne qualified for the ECACs, and she is currently in first in the Patriot League in this event.
Freshman Abbie Mokwuah also qualified for ECACs in the shot put. She finished in fifth place with a new season's best of 13.60. This mark is three centimeters off of the school record.
- Junior Alexandra Curtin placed seventh in the 60m with a time of 7.86, which qualifies her for the New England Championships. Curtin also finished 18th in the 200m (25.48), which is a PR and New England Championship qualifying time.
- Sophomore Allie Smiley ninth in the 60m (7.90), which is a New England Championship qualifying time. Smiley also finsihed fourth in the long jump (5.43m) which is a New England Championships qualifying performance.
- Junior Sarah Friess qualified for the New England Championships in the preliminary race for the 60m (7.92).
- Freshman Hailey Mulville finished 17th in the 500m with a season's best time of 1:18.76.
- Senior Claire Turner notched a season's best time in the 800m (2:14.49), which is a New England Championship qualifying mark.
- Senior Katie Spitler had a New England qualifying mark of 3:01.95 in the 1000m.
- Three Crusaders qualified for the New England Championships in the 3000m: freshman Jenna Gasparrini (9:56.28), senior Hannah Jeter (10:12.00) and senior Elizabeth Lombardo (10:20.11).
- Senior Tori Zamarra qualified for the 60m hurdles finals with a preliminary time of 9.15 and finished seventh overall (9.27). Zamarra's preliminary time was a season's best. Both Zamarra and sophomore Morgan Sanders (9.21) both put in New England qualifying performances for the 60m hurdles.
- In the pole vault, freshman Christa Jay Moore finished second overall with an ECAC qualifying mark of 3.66. Senior Jamison Briggs finished 11th (3.36).
- Sophomore Taylor Gensler finished 14th in the triple jump with a mark of 11.05.
The Crusaders will compete at the New England Championships in Boston, Mass. on Feb. 2-3.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Women's Track & Field
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
Men's Ice Hockey
Holy Cross Hockey Season Tickets on Sale!
Holy Cross Basketball Season Tickets On Sale!
2018 Football Golf Outing