Women's Track & Field Breaks Two Records at BU Last Chance Meet
BOSTON, Mass. - The Holy Cross women's track & field broke two records at the BU Last Chance Meet on Feb. 25. Senior Zoe Matherne led the way breaking the Holy Cross mile record with a time of 4:47.18 and finished eighth.
HOLY CROSS HIGHLIGHTS:
- In the 4x400m relay, the team of freshman Hailey Mulville, senior Stefanie McArdle, junior Lauren Rasmus and sophomore Caroline Frey reset the indoor school record with a time of 3:52.30 and finished seventh. Their finish was a qualifying mark for ECACs.
- In the 1000m, senior Kate Spitler had a season's best time (2:56.74) and finished fourth.
- Senior Meghan Dietter had a personal best in the 1000m (2:56.53) and finished in third.
- Senior Kelly O'Halloran recorded a personal record in the 400m (59.19) and placed 32nd.
- In the 800m, junior Katherine Guilbo had a personal record with a time 2:21.33 and finished 36th.
- Senior Claire Turner placed 18th in the 400m dash with a time of 57.61, which was the second fastest time for the indoor 400m in school history.
The Crusaders will compete at the ECAC Championships starting on March 3.