Softball Set To Host Maine Before Traveling To Colgate
|Holy Cross (7-23, 2-7 Patriot League) vs Maine (12-18, 7-1 America East)|
|Worcester, Mass. | Freshman Field|
|ALL TIME SERIES: Maine Leads 3-11 | LAST MEETING: Holy Cross, 3-1, March 4, 2010|
|Wednesday, April 19||5:05 PM (ET)||NeuLion Stats||N/A|
|Holy Cross (7-23, 2-7 Patriot League) vs Colgate (9-22, 1-8 Patriot League)|
|Hamilton, N.Y. | Eaton Street Field|
|ALL TIME SERIES: Colgate Leads, 29-68 | LAST MEETING: Colgate, 2-0, April 17, 2016|
|Saturday, April 22||12:00 PM (ET)||Statbroadcast||Patriot League Network
|Saturday, April 22||2:00 PM (ET)||Statbroadcast||Patriot League Network|
|Sunday, April 23||12:00 PM (ET)||Statbroadcast||Patriot League Network|
The Holy Cross softball team will host Maine on Wednesday, April 19 at 5:05 p.m. at Freshman Field before heading to Hamilton, N.Y. to take on Colgate in a three-game series from April 22-23 with game times starting at 12:00 p.m. on each day.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE CRUSADERS
- The Crusaders (7-23, 2-7 Patriot League) are coming off a 2-4 week after splitting a doubleheader with Marist (April 12), defeating Brown (April 13) and falling three times to Lehigh (April 15-16).
- Junior third baseman Mandy McCarthy has notched at least one hit in the past 15 of 17 games played, while sophomore shortstop Taylor Wahler has recorded at least one hit in the past 13 of 15 games played. McCarthy has batted .469, as Wahler has batted .370 during this span.
- McCarthy leads the team and ranks fifth in the Patriot League with a .365 batting average. She also ranks 10th in the league with her .419 on base percentage.
- Wahler is hitting .347 this year and leads the team with 33 hits, six doubles, three triples and a .505 slugging percentage. Her slugging percentage ranks eighth in the conference, while her three triples are tied for second in the Patriot League.
- Junior first baseman Taylor Moss has driven in the most runs for the Crusaders this season with 19 RBIs, which rank ninth in the league.
- Sophomore pitcher Alexandra Held has seen the most time in the circle for Holy Cross, making 25 appearances, 11 starts and pitching though 95.0 innings. With 39 strikeouts, she currently ranks seventh in the Patriot League. In last weeks' six games, she went 2-2, holding a 3.11 ERA through 27.0 innings pitched with 11 strikeouts. On the year, she leads the team with a 5.08 ERA.
- Head coach Jen Lapicki is in her first year with Holy Cross.
SCOUTING THE BLACK BEARS
- Maine is 12-18 overall and 7-1 in America East action, coming off a 3-0 sweep over Stony Brook.
- Holy Cross trails Maine, 3-11 in the all-time series, but the Crusaders came out on top, 3-1, in the two teams’ most recent game on March 4, 2010.
- Rachel Carlson leads the Black Bears at the plate with a .365 batting average, 35 hits and two triples. Alyssa Derrick leads Maine with nine home runs, 24 RBIs and a .596 slugging percentage.
- Erin Bogdanovich has made the most appearances in the circle for the Black Bears, throwing through 67.2 innings with 21 appearances and 12 starts for a 4.76 ERA and 45 strikeouts.
- Head coach Mike Coutts is in his fifth season at the helm of Maine.
SCOUTING THE RAIDERS
- Colgate is 9-22 overall and 1-8 in the Patriot League after most recently going 1-3 against Lafayette last weekend. The Raiders will play a doubleheader at Cornell on April 18 prior to hosting the Crusaders.
- Holly Geranen leads Colgate’s offense with a .400 batting average, 38 hits, 11 doubles, 23 RBIs and a .611 slugging percentage. Her batting average, slugging percentage and doubles all lead the Patriot League.
- Pitching 64.0 innings, Kyle Griswold has made the most appearances for the Raiders, holding a 5.58 ERA with 36 strikeouts.
- Head coach Melissa Finley is in her fifth season with Colgate.
- Follow the Crusaders on Twitter @HCrossSoftballand on Facebook. You can also get the latest news and results on the team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here.