Softball Travels To Providence Before Hosting Lafayette For Final Home Series
|Holy Cross (12-25, 7-8 Patriot League) vs Providence (20-23, 8-10 BIG EAST)|
|Providence, R.I. | Glay Field|
|ALL TIME SERIES: Providence Leads, 7-36-1 | LAST MEETING: Holy Cross, 5-1, March 18, 2016|
|Tuesday, May 2||5:00 PM (ET)||Gametracker||College Sports Live
|Holy Cross (12-25, 7-8 Patriot League) vs Lafayette (11-25, 3-12 Patriot League)|
|Worcester, Mass. | Freshman Field|
|ALL TIME SERIES: Holy Cross Leads, 62-25 | LAST MEETING: Lafayette, 10-9, April 10, 2016|
|Saturday, May 6||12:05 PM (ET)||NeuLion Stats||N/A|
|Saturday, May 6||2:05 PM (ET)||NeuLion Stats||N/A|
|Sunday, May 7||12:05 PM (ET)||NeuLion Stats||N/A|
The Holy Cross softball team will travel to Providence for a single game on Tuesday, May 2 at 5:00 p.m. before returning to Freshman Field for its final three home games of the year against Lafayette from May 6-7. Game times in Worcester are set for 12:05 p.m. on each day.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE CRUSADERS
- Winning five of their last six games, The Crusaders are currently 12-25 overall and stand fourth in the Patriot League with a 7-8 conference mark after most recently sweeping Bucknell in three games at home from April 29-30.
- Senior second baseman Emily Krisanda led Holy Cross at the plate over the weekend with a .500 batting average, three triples and a .875 slugging percentage. She is on a seven-game hitting streak, batting .429 with a .762 slugging percentage during this span. On the year, she ranks third in the Crusaders' lineup with a .333 batting average.
- Sophomore pitcher Alexandra Held pitched through 13 innings, recording a 1.62 ERA and two wins over the weekend. She has pitched through 28 innings, recording a 1.25 ERA and four wins with 24 strikeouts in her past six appearances. Totaling 123 innings pitched this year, she has a team-leading 72 strikeouts, which rank fourth in the conference.
- Junior third baseman Mandy McCarthy leads the team with a .359 batting average, which ranks third in the league.
- Sophomore shortstop Taylor Wahler has recorded at least one hit in the past 11 of 12 games played. Batting .336 this season, she leads the team with 40 hits, seven doubles, three triples and a .496 slugging percentage.
- Head coach Jen Lapicki is in her first season with the Crusaders.
THE POST-SEASON SCENARIO
- Winning back-to-back conference series, the Crusaders now stand fourth in the Patriot League, as the top four regular season teams in the league will advance to the Patriot League Championship from May 11-13.
- The last time the Crusaders advanced to the Patriot League Tournament was in 2011.
- Prior to Sunday's game against Lafayette, the Holy Cross athletic department and the softball program will honor its two seniors for their hard work and dedication to the program over the last four years.
- The two seniors include Emily Krisanda and Kylee Malouf.
SCOUTING THE FRIARS
- Providence is 20-23 overall and 8-10 in the BIG EAST after most recently sweeping Creighton in a three-game series from April 29-30.
- The Crusaders came out on top in the two teams' most recent meeting on March 18, 2016, as Holy Cross took down the Friars, 5-1 at the Stony Brook Invitational.
- Emma Lee leads Providence's offense with a .365 batting average, 57 hits and 12 doubles.
- Christina Ramirez has seen the most time in the circle for the Friars, making 28 appearances and pitching through 157.2 innings for a 4.57 ERA and 103 strikeouts.
- Head coach Kerri Jacklets is in her 11th year at the helm of Providence.
SCOUTING THE LEOPARDS
- Lafayette is 11-25 overall and 3-12 in the Patriot League but is most recently coming off five-straight wins, including a doubleheader sweep over Rider on April 30.
- The Leopards will travel to Marist for a doubleheader on May 3 prior to heading to Worcester.
- The Crusaders lead the all-time series against Lafayette, 62-25, coming out on top in the past eight of 10 games played against the Leopards.
- Samantha Sweigart leads Lafayette at the plate with a .321 batting average, 34 hits and a .415 slugging percentage.
- Stephanie Thomas has seen the most time in the circle for the Leopards, holding a 2.50 ERA through 81.1 innings pitched.
- Head coach Jexx Varner is in his fourth season with Lafayette.
- Follow the Crusaders on Twitter @HCrossSoftball and on Facebook. You can also get the latest news and results on the team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here.