Softball Splits Doubleheader with Bobcats
HAMDEN, Conn. - The Holy Cross softball team split the doubleheader with the Quinnipiac Bobcats. The Bobcats took the first game, 9-1, and the Crusaders seized the second game, 11-8, in eight innings. Junior Alexandra Held got the win and pitched 4.1 innings with four strikeouts in the second game.
- Junior Jackie Brewster and senior Mandy McCarthy both doubled in the third inning.
- With Brewster on third base, junior Taylor Wahler hit a single to send Brewster home and record the Crusaders one run.
- Senior Gabby Muniz singled to the pitcher.
- Sophomore Sydney Behrens was hit by a pitch and advanced to first base as Muniz advanced to second.
- Freshman Alyssa Gutierrez recorded a double and RBI to send Muniz home.
- After a wild pitch by the Bobcats, sophomore Syden Behrens scored taking the score to 2-3 in facor of Quinnipiac.
- The Crusaders scored three unearned runs after an error by the Bobcat's shortstop taking the lead 5-3.
- Sophomore Sydney Burr recorded her eighth RBI to add another run for senior Taylor Moss.
- Muniz also added her second single of the inning to send senior Savannah Young home.
- The Crusaders ended the inning leading, 7-3.
- McCarthy hit a double up the middle to put her in scoring position.
- Young hit single and recorded an RBI to send McCarthy home.
- Young hit a single to left feild, and Moss sent her home with a double and RBI.
- Muniz singled up the middle, and Behrens sent Moss home with a hit up the right line, recording an RBI.
- Gutierrez hit an RBI single to right field to allow Muniz to score and take the Crusader lead to 11-8.
- McCarthy notched two runs and one hit.
- Yound recorded three hits, one RBI and two runs.
- Muniz also had three htis, one RBI and two runs on the day.
- Reliever and junior Alexandra Held tallied four strikeouts in 4.1 innings pitched and improved to 3-9.
The Crusaders will host Army for a three-game series at home starting Saturday, April, 21 at 12 p.m.