Softball Welcomes Army for Three-Game Series
Holy Cross Athletics 04-20-2018
|Holy Cross (9-25, 2-7 Patriot League) vs. Army (20-21, 5-4 Patriot League)|
|Worcester, Mass. // Freshman Field|
|Saturday, April 21||12/2 p.m.||Click Here (Sunday)||Click Here|
|Sunday, April 22 12 p.m.|
FIVE THINGS TO KNOW
- The Holy Cross softball team is ready for a three-game conference series with the Army West Point Black Knights. The first pitch is set for 12:05 p.m. on Saturday, April 21, on Freshman Field. On Sunday, April 22, Holy Cross will host an Alumnae Day to honor past players before the third game begins.
- The Crusaders stand at 9-25 on the season after a two mid-week games against Quinnipiac on Wednesday, April 18. Holy Cross dropped the first game, but bounced back in the second game winning 11-8 in extra innings.
- Army is 20-21 on the season and 5-4 in Patriot League play with wins against Colgate, Bucknell and Boston University. The Black Knights are coming off two wins against Albany on April 18.
- Junior Jackie Brewster has led the Crusaders for a majority of the season hitting a .340 average with 11 doubles and 19 runs. Brewster's batting average ranks fourth and her .423 on base percentage ranks third in the Patriot League. In addition, the junior center fielder's 11 doubles stands at second in the league.
- In the 2016-17 seaon, the Crusaders took two out of three games in the series winning 5-2 and 4-2.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Softball
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
2017-18 Year in Review
Baseball Patriot League Semifinal Hype