Softball Set To Host Boston University This Weekend
Holy Cross Athletics 04-29-2016
|Holy Cross (7-30, 3-9 Patriot League) vs Boston University (20-21, 6-5 Patriot League)|
|Worcester, Mass. | Freshman Field|
|Saturday, April 30||12:05 p.m. (ET)||Click Here||N/A|
|Saturday, April 30||2:05 p.m. (ET)||Click Here||N/A|
|Sunday, May 1||12:05 p.m. (ET)||Click Here||N/A|
The Holy Cross softball team is set for a three-game Patriot League series with Boston University this weekend at Freshman Field.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Holy Cross took three losses in its series against Army West Point last weekend. To read the recaps, click here: (Saturday | Sunday).
- Sophomore Taylor Moss (Howard Beach, N.Y.) leads the Crusaders with a batting average of .362 for the year, ranking her eighth in the Patriot League. She leads the Crusaders with 24 RBI and is tied for second on the team with six doubles. Her batting average of .457 in conference play is the highest in the Patriot League.
- Freshman Taylor Wahler (Inman, S.C.) is currently second on the team with a batting average of .328 on the season. She leads Holy Cross with 20 runs scored, and is third on the team with 16 RBI.
- Senior pitcher Gennifer Durham (Abbeville, S.C.) leads Holy Cross with an ERA of 3.36, ranking her 10th in the Patriot League. She has posted a record of 6-13, and has registered a team-leading 70 strikeouts in 127.0 innings pitched. With 14 complete games pitched this season, she now has 40 in her career, which is good for fourth-most all-time in program history. She also has the third-most career starts in program history at 73.
THE TURNPIKE TROPHY:
- The series between the Crusaders and the Terriers is part of the inaugural Turnpike Trophy competition. Go here for the schedule and results of the Turnpike Trophy.
- There will be a MVP named after the game.
- This athletic series between the in-state Patriot League rivals awards points for all head-to-head victories in both the regular season and postseason, with the Turnpike Trophy going to the school which accumulates the most points at the end of the academic year.
- After this series, the next Turnpike Trophy match-up will be on May 6-7, when the men’s and women’s track and field teams teams square off in Lewisburg, Pa. at the Patriot League Outdoor Championship.
SCOUTING THE TERRIERS:
- Boston University is currently 20-21 on the season with a 6-5 record in Patriot League play, placing them fourth in the league standings.
- Brittany Younan leads the Terriers with a batting average of .366 for the season with 24 RBI and 23 runs scored.
- Pitcher Melanie Russell leads Boston University with an ERA of 2.45 in 23 appearances. She holds a record of 8-8 and ranks second on the team with 85 strikeouts through 94.1 innings pitched.
- The Terriers finished their 2015 campaign with a 17-27 record and a 7-11 mark in Patriot League play.
- On Sunday, Holy Cross will honor seniors Gennifer Durham (Abbeville, S.C.), Sarah Kane (Jacksonville, Fla.), Kelsey Christensen (Hastings, Neb.), Hailey Mullen (Plainville, Mass.), Emily Jarvis (Hopkinton, Mass.) and Becky Geddes (Cumberland, R.I.) for their hard work and dedication over the past four years.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Softball
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
Holy Cross Baseball and Softball are Back
Holy Cross Lacrosse is Back
Men's Ice Hockey
Men's Ice Hockey Senior Thank You