Men's Golf To Open Spring Season At Appalachian State Bash At The Beach
Appalachian State Bash at the Beach
Monday & Tuesday, March 7-8
Myrtle Beach, S.C. (Surf Golf and Beach Club)
Surf Golf and Beach Club - Par-72 (6,842 Yards)
The Holy Cross men’s golf team travels to Myrtle Beach, S.C. on Monday and Tuesday, March 7-8 to open its 2016 spring season at the Appalachian State Bash at the Beach. The event will be played at the Par-72 Surf Golf and Beach Club. Tee times begin at 8:00 a.m. on both days. To view the live stats, click here.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE CRUSADERS
- Holy Cross head men’s golf coach Bob Molt enters his 40th season at the helm of the Crusaders.
- The Crusaders return six letterwinners from the 2014-2015 squad and welcome four newcomers to the team in 2015-2016. To view the complete roster, click here.
2015 FALL SEASON
- The Crusaders competed in five tournaments during the 2015 fall slate.
- Starting with the Ryan T. Lee Memorial Collegiate invitational, the Crusaders finished 11th of 12 with a score of 603 strokes (+27).
- For the Hartford Hawk Invitational, the team finished in 19th place out of 20 teams, shooting a three-round team score of 956 strokes (+92).
- In the Quechee Collegiate Challenge, Holy Cross finished in 13th place out of 13 teams with a combined team score of 651 strokes (+75).
- At the Becker Invitational, the Crusaders tied for third out of six teams, posting a score of 84 (+12) before wrapping up the season with a score of 637 strokes (+61), finishing fifth of six teams at the NEIGA Championship.
2016 SPRING SCHEDULE
- The men’s golf team will participate in five tournaments for the spring season. To view the full schedule, click here.
- After kicking off the season with the Appalachian State Invitational, the action will pick up on April 13 for the Bentley Spring Opener at Newport National Golf Club in Middletown, R.I. Then from April 18-19, Holy Cross will tee-off at the URI Invitational at Quidnesset Country Club in North Kingston, R.I. before competing in the UConn Invitational from April 23-24 at the Pautipaug Golf Club in Norwich, Conn.
- The Patriot League Championship will last from April 30 through May 1 at the Annapolis Country Club in Annapolis, Md. where the Holy Cross golf team will conclude its regular season.
- The Crusaders return to action on April 13 for the Bentley Spring Openeer at Newport National Golf Club in Middletown, R.I.