Volleyball Looks to Extend Winning Streak at Navy and American
Holy Cross Athletics 10-26-2017
|Holy Cross (4-19, 1-9 Patriot League) vs. (18-5, 8-2 Patriot League)|
|Annapolis, Md. // Wesley A. Brown Field House|
|Friday, Oct. 27||4:00 p.m.||--||Click Here|
|Series Record: Navy leads 32-12||Last Meeting: HC 0, N 3 (9/30/17)|
|Holy Cross (4-19, 1-9 Patriot League) vs. American (18-7, 9-1)|
|Washington, D.C. // Bender Arena|
|Saturday, Oct. 28||2:00 p.m.||--||Click Here|
|Series Record: American leads 33-0||Last Meeting: HC 0, A 3 (9/29/17)|
FIVE THINGS TO KNOW
- The Holy Cross volleyball team will face Navy and American this weekend for two Patriot League matches. American is currently ranked at the top of the Patriot League standings and Navy is in third.
- The Crusaders picked up a league win Oct. 21 against Lafayette, 3-0. Freshman setter Rachel Harding, freshman middle blocker Clare Honan and freshman outside hitter Katie Kerins all posted double-digit kills in the win. Kerins averages 3.32 kills per set, which ranks sixth in the league. The Crusaders posted a season high hitting percentage of .343 against the Leopards.
- Freshman libero Sophie VanSeveren has 443 digs on the season, which ranks second overall in program history for single-season digs. Emily Popp ('14) holds the record with 555. VanSeveren also ranks sixth in the country averaging 5.99 digs per set.
- Holy Cross dropped the first two matches earlier in the season against American and Navy. American is on a 10-game win streak, and Navy defeated Loyola (Md.) Oct. 21 after losing to Army and American.
- The Crusaders have four road matches and two home matches left in the season. Senior Day will be Nov. 11, which is the last regular season home match for Holy Cross.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Volleyball
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
Women's Basketball Home Opener Awareness
Men's Ice Hockey
Crusader Thanksgiving Traditions
Men's Soccer Recap