Baseball Set For Midweek Matchup With Dartmouth
Holy Cross Athletics 04-04-2017
|Holy Cross (7-17, 2-2 Patriot League) vs. Dartmouth (13-7, 3-1 Ivy League)|
|Northborough, Mass. // New England Baseball Complex|
|DATE||TIME (ET)||VIDEO||LIVE STATS|
|Wednesday, April 5||6:45 PM||N/A||Click Here|
The Holy Cross baseball team is set to take on Dartmouth on Wednesday night at the New England Baseball Complex in Northborough, Mass.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE CRUSADERS:
- The Crusaders are currently 7-17 overall on the season with a 2-2 mark in Patriot League play.
- Holy Cross is coming off a 2-2 weekend against Navy to open Patriot League play. To read the recaps from the weekend, click here: (Sunday / Monday).
- Holy Cross was selected first in this year’s Patriot League Preseason Poll, as voted on by the conference’s head coaches and sports information directors. To read the press release, click here.
- Senior Anthony Critelli leads the Crusaders with a .338 batting average and a .608 slugging percentage on the season. He ranks second on the team with 15 runs batted in and is tied for the team lead with five home runs.
- Freshman Austin Masel has also been strong at the plate for Holy Cross, ranking second with a .330 batting average. He leads the Crusaders with 15 runs scored, while ranking third with 13 RBIs.
- Senior Joe Cravero leads the Crusaders’ starting rotation with a 4.23 ERA through 27.2 innings pitched. In eight appearances he has amassed a team-leading 27 strikeouts.
SHAVING HEADS FOR A CAUSE:
- Prior to the start of the season, the Holy Cross baseball team shaved their heads in support of the Vs. Cancer Foundation. Last year the Crusaders raised over $11,000 in donations to Vs. Cancer, and are looking to increase their total donations this season. In the video below, the team describes why the cause is important to them.
- Click here to view the video.
SCOUTING THE BIG GREEN:
- Dartmouth enters Wednesday night’s contest with a 13-7 overall record, and a 3-1 mark in the Ivy League.
- Matt Feinstein leads the Big Green offense with a .388 batting average and 17 RBIs with six doubles.
- Beau Sulser leads Dartmouth’s starting rotation with a 1.59 ERA through 17.0 innings pitched. In three starts, he has tallied 23 strikeouts.
- The Big Green went 18-25 last season with an 11-9 mark in Ivy League play.
- Head coach Bob Whalen is in his 28th season with Dartmouth.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Baseball
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
Crusader of the Week: Jackie Gonzalez
Men's Ice Hockey
Sean Hamilton Joins Holy Cross Men's Ice Hockey
MLAX Postseason Hype Video