Baseball Set To Face Lehigh In Four-Game Series
|Holy Cross (8-17, 2-2 Patriot League) vs. Lehigh (9-17, 1-3 Patriot League)|
|Worcester, Mass. // Hanover Insurance Park at Fitton Field|
|DATE||TIME (ET)||VIDEO||LIVE STATS|
|Saturday, April 8||2:05 PM||N/A||Click Here|
|Saturday, April 8||5:05 PM||N/A||Click Here|
|Sunday, April 9||1:05 PM||N/A||Click Here|
|Sunday, April 9||4:05 PM||N/A||Click Here|
The Holy Cross baseball team is set to host Lehigh in Patriot League action in Worcester this weekend, as the Crusaders begin a four-game series with the Mountain Hawks on Saturday at 2:05 p.m.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE CRUSADERS:
- The Crusaders are currently 8-17 overall on the season with a 2-2 mark in Patriot League play.
- Holy Cross is coming off a 5-2 victory over Dartmouth on Wednesday night. To read the recap, click here.
- Holy Cross was selected first in this year’s Patriot League Preseason Poll, as voted on by the conference’s head coaches and sports information directors. To read the press release, click here.
- Senior Anthony Critelli leads the Crusaders with a .342 batting average and a .618 slugging percentage on the season. He ranks second on the team with 16 runs batted in and is tied for the team lead with five home runs.
- Freshman Austin Masel has also been strong at the plate for Holy Cross, ranking second with a .327 batting average. He leads the Crusaders with 16 runs scored, while ranking third with 14 RBIs. He also leads the team with 11 multiple hit games.
- Senior Joe Cravero leads the Crusaders’ starting rotation with a 4.23 ERA through 27.2 innings pitched. In eight appearances he has amassed a team-leading 27 strikeouts.
SHAVING HEADS FOR A CAUSE:
- Prior to the start of the season, the Holy Cross baseball team shaved their heads in support of the Vs. Cancer Foundation. Last year the Crusaders raised over $11,000 in donations to Vs. Cancer, and are looking to increase their total donations this season. In the video below, the team describes why the cause is important to them.
- As part of the team’s Cancer Awareness Game on Saturday, Holy Cross will welcome PinkHippy.Org of Worcester to take part in the day’s festivities. PinkHippy.Org aims to provide complementary holistic services and support to local patients, survivors and their families.
- Click here to view the video.
SCOUTING THE MOUNTAIN HAWKS:
- Lehigh enters the weekend with a 9-17 overall record, and a 1-3 mark in Patriot League play.
- The Mountain Hawks opened conference play against Bucknell at home last weekend, earning a win in game two of the series.
- Anthony Rinaldi leads Lehigh’s offense, batting .347 on the season. He has tallied 15 runs scored with nine RBIs and nine extra-base hits.
- Levi Stoudt leads the team’s starting rotation with a 2.27 ERA through 31.2 innings pitched on the year. In seven starts, he has amassed 29 strikeouts.
- Lehigh went 25-29 last season with a 9-10 record in the Patriot League. They were eliminated in the conference semifinals in three games by Holy Cross.
- Head coach Sean Leary is in his 22nd season with the Mountain Hawks.