Baseball Travels To Rhode Island Wednesday
Holy Cross Athletics 04-11-2017
|Holy Cross (11-18, 5-3 Patriot League) vs. Rhode Island (15-13, 6-2 Atlantic 10)|
|Kingston, R.I. // Bill Beck Field|
|DATE||TIME (ET)||VIDEO||LIVE STATS|
|Wednesday, April 12||3:30 PM||N/A||Click Here|
The Holy Cross baseball team is set to travel to Kingston, R.I. tomorrow, as the Crusaders take on Rhode Island at 3:30 p.m.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE CRUSADERS:
- The Crusaders are currently 11-18 overall on the season with a 5-3 mark in Patriot League play.
- Holy Cross is coming off a 3-1 weekend against Lehigh, in which they split with the Mountain Hawks on Saturday and earned a pair of wins on Sunday. Check out the recaps from the weekend here: (Saturday | Sunday)
- Holy Cross was selected first in this year’s Patriot League Preseason Poll, as voted on by the conference’s head coaches and sports information directors. To read the press release, click here.
- Freshman Austin Masel leads the Crusaders’ offense with a .333 batting average on the season. He also leads the team with 17 runs scored while ranking second with18 RBIs.
- Senior Anthony Critelli has also been an integral part of the Holy Cross offense, batting .322 while leading with a .556 slugging percentage. Critelli has driven in 16 runs while tying for the team-lead with five home runs.
- Senior Joe Cravero leads the Crusaders’ starting rotation with a 4.01 ERA through 33.2 innings pitched. In nine appearances he has amassed a team-leading 36 strikeouts. Cravero notched a new career-high with nine strikeouts while earning a win over Lehigh on Sunday.
SCOUTING THE RAMS:
- Rhode Island is currently 15-13 on the season and 6-2 in Atlantic 10 play. They will take on Brown on Tuesday afternoon in Kingston before hosting the Crusaders.
- The Rams most recently went 1-2 over the weekend in a three-game series at St. Bonaventure.
- Chris Hess leads Rhode Island’s offense this season with a batting average of .333. He ranks second on the team with 18 runs scored along with 15 RBIs and six extra-base hits.
- Matt Murphy has the top ERA in the Rams’ starting rotation at 3.18. In seven starts, he has posted a 3-2 record while recording 23 strikeouts.
- Last season, Rhode Island went 31-27 overall with an 18-6 mark in the Atlantic 10. The Rams swept their conference tournament before earning a berth in the NCAA Tournament, where they earned a victory over then-No. 6 South Carolina before being eliminated with losses to UNCW and the Gamecocks.
- Head coach Raphael Cerrato is in his third season with Rhode Island.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Baseball
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
Holy Cross Women's Basketball vs. Bucknell Recap (1/20/2018)
Men's Ice Hockey
Holy Cross Men's Ice Hockey vs. Niagara Recap (1/19/2018)
Men's Swimming & Diving
Holy Cross Swimming and Diving Hype Video