Baseball Continues Patriot League Slate At Army West Point This Weekend
|Holy Cross (12-18, 5-3 Patriot League) vs. Army West Point (16-18, 6-2 Patriot League)|
|West Point, N.Y. // Doubleday Field|
|DATE||TIME (ET)||VIDEO||LIVE STATS|
|Saturday, April 15||1:00 p.m.||Click Here||Click Here|
|Saturday, April 15||4:00 p.m.||Click Here||Click Here|
|Sunday, April 16||12:00 p.m.||Click Here||Click Here|
|Sunday, April 16||3:00 p.m.||Click Here||Click Here|
The Holy Cross baseball team is set to travel to West Point, N.Y. this weekend, as the Crusaders take on Army West Point in a four-game series, beginning with a doubleheader on Saturday at 1:00 p.m.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE CRUSADERS:
- The Crusaders are currently 12-18 overall on the season with a 5-3 mark in Patriot League play.
- Holy Cross is coming off a 7-3 midweek victory at Rhode Island Wednesday night. To read the recap, click here.
- Holy Cross was selected first in this year’s Patriot League Preseason Poll, as voted on by the conference’s head coaches and sports information directors. To read the press release, click here.
- Freshman Austin Masel leads the Crusaders’ offense with a .342 batting average on the season. He also leads the team with 19 runs scored while ranking second with 18 RBIs. He also leads the team with 14 multiple hit games on the year.
- Senior Anthony Critelli has also been an integral part of the Holy Cross offense, batting .319 while leading with a .549 slugging percentage. Critelli has driven in 16 runs while tying for the team-lead with five home runs.
- Senior Joe Cravero leads the Crusaders’ starting rotation with a 4.01 ERA through 33.2 innings pitched. In nine appearances he has amassed a team-leading 36 strikeouts. Cravero notched a new career-high with nine strikeouts while earning a win over Lehigh on Sunday.
- Last season, the Crusaders split their four-game series with the Black Knights in Worcester.
SCOUTING THE BLACK KNIGHTS:
- Army West Point is currently 16-18 on the year with a 6-2 record in the Patriot League.
- The Black Knights defeated Siena (9-4) and lost to Manhattan (6-8) in a pair of midweek games. Last weekend they won three of four games at Bucknell to place them in a tie for first in the conference.
- Kris Lindner leads Army West Point with a .317 batting average on the season. So far this year, he has tallied 27 RBIs with 21 runs scored and 12 extra-base hits.
- Daniel Gibbons leads the Black Knights’ starting rotation with a 2.16 ERA in 25.0 innings pitched. In six appearances, he has totaled 24 strikeouts while holding batters to a collective .168 batting average.
- Last season, Army West Point was 16-32 overall with a 6-13 record in the Patriot League.
- Head coach Jim Foster is in his first season with the Black Knights.