Baseball Travels To Connecticut Tuesday
Holy Cross Athletics 04-24-2017
|Holy Cross (18-21, 11-5 Patriot League) vs. Connecticut (22-16, 7-5 American)|
|Storrs, Conn. // J.O. Christian Field|
|DATE||TIME (ET)||VIDEO||LIVE STATS|
|Tuesday, April 25||3:00 p.m.||Click Here||Click Here|
The Holy Cross baseball team is scheduled to hit the road Tuesday night, as the Crusaders head to Storrs, Conn. to take on Connecticut at 3:00 p.m.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE CRUSADERS
- The Crusaders are currently 18-21 overall on the season with an 11-5 mark in Patriot League play.
- Holy Cross is coming off a 3-1 weekend in Patriot League play against Bucknell. With their win over the Bison in game four, the Crusaders officially clinched a spot in the Patriot League Tournament. To read the recaps, click here: (Saturday | Sunday)
- Senior Anthony Critelli leads the Crusaders with a .333 batting average on the season. He has tallied 23 runs batted in and 22 runs scored with six home runs. He also leads the Crusaders with a .553 slugging percentage.
- Junior Cam O'Neill leads the Crusaders with 31 runs batted in and eight home runs on the season. He has also notched 26 runs scored while posting a slugging percentage of .427.
- Senior Joe Cravero leads the Crusaders’ starting rotation with a 3.66 ERA through 46.2 innings pitched. In eleven appearances he has amassed a team-leading 48 strikeouts.
SCOUTING THE HUSKIES
- Connecticut is currently 22-16 on the season with a 7-5 mark in the American Athletic Conference.
- The Huskies are coming off a 1-2 weekend at UCF, falling in games one and two of the series while taking game two from the Knights.
- Anthony Prato leads UConn’s offense, batting .311 on the year while tallying a team-leading 34 runs with 21 RBIs and nine extra-base hits.
- Mason Feole leads the Huskies’ starting rotation with an ERA of 3.12 through 52.0 innings pitched. In 10 appearances, he has totaled 48 strikeouts, which currently rank second on the team.
- UConn went 38-25 last season with a 14-9 record in conference play. They are the defending American Conference Champions, and earned a win over Georgia Tech in the 2016 NCAA Tournament before being eliminated by losses to Florida and the Yellow Jackets.
- Head coach Jim Penders is in his 14th season with the Huskies.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Baseball
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
Men's Ice Hockey
Crusader Thanksgiving Traditions
Men's Soccer Recap
Women's Ice Hockey
Women's Ice Hockey vs. Harvard Video Recap (11/18/17)