Baseball Hosts Marist Wednesday Night
Holy Cross Athletics 05-02-2017
|Holy Cross (19-24, 12-8 Patriot League) vs. Marist (22-18, 10-5 MAAC)|
|Worcester, Mass. // Hanover Insurance Park at Fitton Field|
|DATE||TIME (ET)||VIDEO||LIVE STATS|
|Wednesday, May 3||5:05 p.m.||Click Here||Click Here|
The Holy Cross baseball team is set to host Marist on Wednesday night at 5:05 p.m.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE CRUSADERS
- The Crusaders are 19-24 overall on the season with a 12-8 record in Patriot League play.
- Holy Cross finished the Patriot League season in second place, and will host Army West Point in the Patriot League Semifinals in a best-of-three series beginning with a doubleheader on Saturday, May 13 at 1:05 p.m.
- Freshman Austin Masel leads the Crusaders with a batting average of .323 on the season and 29 runs scored on the year. He also ranks second on the team with 25 RBIs and a .447 slugging percentage.
- Junior Cam O'Neill leads the Crusaders with 37 runs batted in and eight home runs on the season. He has also notched 27 runs scored while posting a slugging percentage of .433.
- Senior Brendan King leads the Crusaders' starting rotation with a 4.19 ERA through 58.0 innings pitched. In 11 starts he has tallied 39 strikeouts while holding opponents to a .230 batting average.
MASEL NAMED ROOKIE OF THE WEEK
- Masel was named the Patriot League Rookie of the Week, as announced by the league on Tuesday.
- To read the press release, click here.
- The Holy Cross baseball team will host its Autism Awareness game on Wednesday night. The Crusaders will have two athletes from the Holy Cross Unified Athletes who will be throwing out a ceremonial first pitch. In addition, the Holy Cross Autsim Awareness group will be in attendance accepting donations and selling shirts to raise money for the cause. In accordance with the Holy Cross Student Government Association, they will also be giving out free hot dogs to students in attendance.
SCOUTING THE RED FOXES
- Marist enters Wednesday night's game with a 22-18 overall record and a 10-5 mark in MAAC play.
- The Red Foxes are coming off a 3-0 weekend at Saint Peter's, and a 4-1 loss to Army West Point in the 12th annual Hudson Valley Baseball Classic last Wednesday.
- Andrew Rouse leads the Red Foxes' offense with a .342 batting average on the season. He has tallied 23 runs batted in with 27 runs scored and 11 doubles on the year.
- Scott Boches leads Marist's starting rotation with a 2.71 ERA in 66.1 innings pitched. In 11 starts, he has notched a team-leading 67 strikeouts.
- Head coach Chris Tracz is in his eighth season with the Red Foxes.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Baseball
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
PL Championship Game 2 Highlights
PL Championship Game 1 Highlights
Holy Cross Baseball Hosts PL Championship Series