Baseball Set To Face No. 25 Nebraska At Corvallis Regional
|Holy Cross (23-28, 12-8 Patriot League) vs. No. 25 Nebraska (35-22-1, 16-7-1 Big Ten)|
|Corvallis, Ore. // Goss Stadium at Coleman Field|
|DATE||TIME (ET)||VIDEO||LIVE STATS|
|Saturday, June 3||4:00 p.m.||Click Here - ESPN3||Click Here|
The Holy Cross baseball team continues its postseason Saturday afternoon as the Crusaders face No. 25 Nebraska in an elimination game in Corvallis, Ore.
FRIDAY PRESS CONFERENCE:
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE CRUSADERS
- The Crusaders captured their first-ever Patriot League Tournament title this past weekend, and punched their ticket to the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 1978. To read the recap from the championship, click here.
- Senior Anthony Critelli leads Holy Cross with a .301 batting average and a .542 slugging percentage. He has tallied nine home runs with 34 runs batted in, 30 runs scored and 13 doubles. He broke the school record for career home runs with his 25th against Yale last weekend, and also broke the school record for career doubles with his 53rd against Oregon State.
- Junior Cam O'Neill leads the Crusaders with 42 runs batted in and nine home runs on the season. He has also notched 29 runs scored while posting a slugging percentage of .404.
- Senior Brendan King leads the Crusaders' starting rotation with a 4.35 ERA through 80.2 innings pitched. In 15 starts he has tallied 62 strikeouts while holding opponents to a .242 batting average. He was named the Most Valuable Player of the Patriot League Tournament.
- Freshman Austin Masel has also been strong offensively for the Crusaders all season, batting .293 while leading the team with 36 runs scored. He has also brought in 25 runs while hitting 11 doubles and four home runs. Masel was named the Patriot League Rookie of the Year.
REQUEST YOUR TICKETS NOW
- Requests for tickets in the Holy Cross allotment for the NCAA Baseball Regional are now available. Fans, alumni, and supporters may request UP TO 8 tickets for this round. There is a limit of one request per person. For more information, and to request your tickets, click here.
HOW TO WATCH
- Saturday's game between Nebraska and Holy Cross will be broadcast on ESPN3, and can be viewed online at ESPN.com/watch or with the Watch ESPN app on mobile devices. The game between Oregon State and Yale tonight will also be on ESPN3.
PATRIOT LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP MERCHANDISE
- Celebrate the Crusaders' historic season and first NCAA Tournament bid since 1978 with merchandise from their first-ever Patriot League Championship in program history!
SCOUTING THE HUSKERS
- Nebraska enters the tournament with a 35-20-1 record following a 16-7-1 year in the Big Ten. The Huskers are ranked 25th in the nation by the Baseball America poll.
- The Huskers fell to Yale, 5-1, in their first game of the tournament on Friday afternoon.
- Nebraska has made three College World Series appearances, most recently heading to Omaha in 2005.
- Scott Schreiber leads the Huskers' offense, batting .329 on the year while tallying 43 runs scored and 50 RBIs. He has posted a slugging percentage of .482 while hitting 15 doubles and six home runs.
- Derek Burkamper leads Nebraska's starting rotation with a 3.09 ERA in 67.0 innings pitched. In 14 starts he has posted a record of 6-5 while tallying 49 strikeouts.
- Head coach Darin Erstad is in his sixth year with the Huskers.
Vote Critelli for Senior CLASS Award
Senior first baseman Anthony Critelli was one of 10 student-athletes in the nation to be named a finalist for the Senior CLASS Award, which honors a student-athlete who demonstrates notable achievements in four areas of excellence: community, classroom, character and competition.
Click here to read his announcement as a finalist.