Women's Basketball Travels To Bucknell Sunday
|Holy Cross (2-12, 0-3) vs. Bucknell (11-3, 3-0)|
|Date / Time:||January 8, 2017 / 2:00 p.m.|
|Arena:||Sojka Pavilion (4,000)|
|Series:||Holy Cross leads, 43-18|
|Last Meeting:||Bucknell 74, Holy Cross 64 on 2/6/16|
|Radio:||Emmanuel Radio, 1230 AM/970 AM
Bob Fouracre, play-by-play
|Live Video:||Patriot League Network|
|Live Stats:||Neulion Live Stats|
|Notes:||Holy Cross | Bucknell|
|HC Links:||Tickets | Shop|
|Social Media:||Facebook | Twitter|
SETTING THE STAGE
• The Holy Cross women’s basketball team continues its Patriot League slate on Sunday afternoon, as the Crusaders travel to Lewisburg, Pa. to take on Bucknell at 2:00 p.m.
• Sunday’s game can be viewed via live stream on the Patriot League Network (PatriotLeague.tv), and can be heard in the Worcester area on Emmanuel Radio (1230 AM) with Bob Fouracre on play-by-play.
• This will be the 62nd all-time meeting between the Crusaders and the Bison, with Holy Cross holding the series edge at 43-18.
• Bucknell won both meetings between the two schools last season, winning 58-51 in Worcester and 74-64 in Lewisburg.
• In games played in Lewisburg, Holy Cross holds the series edge at 15-11.
• In the last 10 meetings between the two programs, the series is tied at 5-5.
LAST TIME OUT
• Junior guard Infiniti Thomas-Waheed led Holy Cross with 14 points, three steals and a pair of blocks.
• Freshman forward Lauren Manis also scored in double figures with 13 points and added seven rebounds.
• Colgate notched the first eight points of the game and jumped out to a 12-3 lead in the first five minutes of the game.
• The Raiders outscored Holy Cross 20-13 in the first quarter, but the Crusaders started the second with an 8-2 run to cut the deficit to one point.
• Holy Cross outscored Colgate 14-9 in the second quarter to enter the locker room at halftime down by two.
• The Crusaders started the second half with field goals from Manis and Thomas-Waheed to gain their first lead of the game.
• Holy Cross maintained a narrow lead throughout the majority of the third, but Colgate added three free throw points at the end of the quarter to take a 43-42 lead.
• Despite cutting the deficit to three points in the final minutes of the game, the Crusaders were unable to regain the lead.
• Holy Cross was picked to finish fourth in the 2016-2017 Patriot League preseason poll, as voted on by the conference’s head coaches and sports information directors.
• The Crusaders finished fifth last year in the Patriot League with a 10-8 record, while they posted a 13-17 overall mark.
• Junior guard Infiniti Thomas-Waheed, who was selected to the Patriot League All-Defensive Team in 2015-2016, notched a new career-high 23 points against Bryant, and a new career-high with seven assists at UMass.
• She has scored in double figures in 10 games so far this season, while leading the Crusaders in scoring nine times.
• Freshman forward Lauren Manis has led Holy Cross in rebounding eight times this season, and ranks third in the Patriot League with 8.4 rebounds per game.
• Manis has earned double-digit rebounds five times, and has tallied five double-doubles on the year.
• Manis notched her fifth double-double of the season at Navy with 11 points and 11 rebounds.
• Junior guard Tricia Byrne notched a new career-high with 13 points at Navy, and led Holy Cross in assists for the 10th time in her career.
• Holy Cross ranks first in the Patriot League in blocks per game with 4.4.
SCOUTING REPORT ON BUCKNELL
• Bucknell is coming off a 73-67 overtime victory over American on Thursday.
• The Bison enter Sunday’s game with an 11-3 overall record and a 3-0 mark in the Patriot League.
• Bucknell has also earned league wins over defending champion Army West Point (60-56) and Navy (67-64).
• The Bison currently stand alone in first place in the league with a 3-0 record.
• Claire DeBoer has been Bucknell’s leading scorer this season, averaging 14.6 points per game while shooting 46.8 percent from the field.
• Kaitlyn Slagus leads the Bison with 10.4 rebounds per game.
• Head coach Aaron Roussell is in his fifth season at Bucknell.
• The Bison were eliminated in the Patriot League Semifinals last season by Loyola (Md.), 65-53. They went 1-1 in the Women’s National Invitation Tournament, defeating Akron (74-70) and falling to Michigan (95-72).
• Bucknell is currently ranked 12th in the CollegeInsider.com Mid-Major Poll.
• Holy Cross returns to action this Wednesday, as the Crusaders travel to Easton, Pa. to take on Patriot League opponent Lafayette at 7:00 p.m.
• The game will be streamed live online via the Patriot League Network.
BE PART OF THE ACTION THIS SEASON
• Single-game tickets, season tickets and mini plans to see the Crusaders are on sale now. Make sure you don’t miss the opportunity to see the best collegiate basketball in Central Massachusetts! Tickets for Holy Cross basketball can be purchased online at GoHolyCross.com/tickets or over the phone by calling 1-844-GOCROSS.
STAY CONNECTED• For everything Holy Cross women’s basketball, follow the team on Twitter (@HCrossWBB), on Facebook and on Instagram. You can also subscribe for email alerts for all news and information on the team by clicking here.