Women's Basketball Set To Host Bucknell On The American Sports Network
|Holy Cross (5-16, 3-7) vs. Bucknell (17-4, 9-1)|
|Date / Time:||February 4, 2017 / 12:05 p.m.|
|Arena:||Hart Center at the Luth Athletic Complex (3,536)|
|Series:||Holy Cross leads, 43-18|
|Last Meeting:||Bucknell 77, Holy Cross 48 on Jan. 8, 2017|
American Sports Network / NESNplus
|Radio:||Emmanuel Radio, 1230 AM/970 AM
Bob Fouracre, play-by-play
|Live Stats:||Neulion Live Stats|
|Notes:||Holy Cross | Bucknell|
|HC Links:||Tickets | Shop|
|Social Media:||Facebook | Twitter|
SETTING THE STAGE
• The Holy Cross women’s basketball team continues its Patriot League slate on Saturday afternoon, as the Crusaders host Bucknell at the Hart Center at the Luth Athletic Complex at 12:05 p.m.
• Wednesday’s game will be broadcast on the American Sports Network, and can also be viewed online via the Patriot League Network on PatriotLeague.TV.
• This will be the 62nd all-time meeting between the Crusaders and the Bison, with Holy Cross holding the series edge at 43-18.
• In games played in Worcester, the Crusaders lead the all-time series at 26-6.
• In the last meeting, Bucknell defeated Holy Cross by a score of 77-48 in Lewisburg, Pa. on Jan. 8 of this season.
• Holy Cross won the first-ever meeting between the two programs on Jan. 15, 1991 by a score of 78-59 at Bucknell.
LAST TIME OUT
• Junior guard Katie Doherty led Holy Cross with 21 points, seven rebounds and five assists.
• Freshman forward Lauren Manis also scored in double figures for the Crusaders, posting 11 points.
• Colgate put together a strong first quarter, outscoring the Crusaders 18-8.
• Doherty led the Crusaders through a strong second period with 11 points.
• Holy Cross would cut the deficit to just one point with 54 seconds left in the first half, and entered halftime down 36-33.
• Holy Cross came within one point to begin the third quarter with the first basket of the half, but the Crusaders would come no closer, as they were outscored 14-10 in the third.
• Colgate posted 20 points in the fourth quarter to help seal the 70-52 final.
• Holy Cross was picked to finish fourth in the 2016-2017 Patriot League preseason poll, as voted on by the conference’s head coaches and sports information directors.
• The Crusaders are 5-16 on the season with a 3-7 mark in Patriot League play.
• Junior guard Infiniti Thomas-Waheed, who was selected to the Patriot League All-Defensive Team in 2015-2016, has scored in double figures in 15 games so far this season, while leading the Crusaders in scoring 11 times.
• She earned Crusader of the Week honors on Jan. 16 after posting a double-double against Lehigh and 20 points at Lafayette.
• Freshman forward Lauren Manis has led Holy Cross in rebounding 11 times this season, and ranks third in the Patriot League with 8.1 rebounds per game.
• Manis notched her seventh double-double of the season at American, notching 19 points with a career-high 14 rebounds.
• She notched a new career-high with 25 points against Navy on Jan. 28 to earn her Patriot League Rookie of the Week honors for the third time this season.
• Junior guard Katie Doherty notched a new career-high in scoring at Colgate with 21 points.
• Holy Cross ranks first in the Patriot League in blocks per game with 4.4.
SCOUTING REPORT ON BUCKNELL
• Bucknell is coming off a 59-47 loss to American this past Wednesday in Washington, D.C.
• The Bison enter Wednesday’s game with a 17-4 overall record, including a 9-1 mark in Patriot League play.
• Bucknell is currently outscoring its opponents by an average of 8.7 points per game.
• The Bison are tied for first place in the league with Navy at 9-1.
• Claire DeBoer has been Bucknell’s leading scorer this season, averaging 15.7 points per game while shooting 47.9 percent from the field.
• Kaitlyn Slagus leads the Bison with 9.8 rebounds per game.
• Head coach Aaron Roussell is in his fifth season at Bucknell.
• The Bison were eliminated in the Patriot League Semifinals last season by Loyola (Md.), 65-53. They went 1-1 in the Women’s National Invitation Tournament, defeating Akron (74-70) and falling to Michigan (95-72).
• Holy Cross returns to action on Wednesday, Feb. 8, as the Crusaders play host to Lafayette at the Hart Center at the Luth Athletic Complex at 7:05 p.m.
• The game will be broadcast online via the Patriot League Network at PatriotLeague.TV.
Make sure to visit the Holy Cross Team Shop during Saturday’s women’s basketball game against Bucknell, to receive 10 percent off the Item of the Game!
BE PART OF THE ACTION THIS SEASON
• Single-game tickets and mini plans to see the Crusaders are on sale now. Make sure you don’t miss the opportunity to see the best collegiate basketball in Central Massachusetts! Tickets for Holy Cross basketball can be purchased online at GoHolyCross.com/tickets or over the phone by calling 1-844-GOCROSS.
STAY CONNECTED• For everything Holy Cross women’s basketball, follow the team on Twitter (@HCrossWBB), on Facebook and on Instagram. You can also subscribe for email alerts for all news and information on the team by clicking here.