Women's Basketball Heads To Rider On Saturday
HOLY CROSS TRAVELS TO RIDER SATURDAY
• The Holy Cross women’s basketball team continues its early slate of road games on Saturday afternoon, as they travel to Rider to take on the Broncs.
• Saturday’s game will be streamed live via BroncVision on GoBroncs.com, and will also be broadcast on Emmanuel Radio (1230 AM | 1230radio.com) with Bob Fouracre on play-by-play.
SCOUTING HOLY CROSS
• Holy Cross opened its 2017-2018 campaign with an 84-56 victory over UMass Lowell before falling to Marist on the road 74-85 this week.
• Through two games, senior Infiniti Thomas-Waheed leads the Crusaders in scoring with 22.0 points per game while shooting 56.7% from the field.
• Sophomore Lauren Manis has been the leading rebounder for Holy Cross, averaging 8.5 boards per game.
• The Crusaders finished their 2016-2017 campaign with an overall record of 8-22, and a 6-12 mark in the Patriot League.
• Holy Cross was eliminated by Lafayette in the first round of the Patriot League Tournament at the Hart Center at the Luth Athletic Complex in Worcester.
• Manis was named the 2016-2017 Patriot League Rookie of the Year, while Katie Doherty earned Academic All-Patriot League honors.
SERIES QUICK HITS
• The Crusaders are 2-0 all-time against Rider.
• This will be the first meeting between these two programs since the 2000-2001 season, and the first matchup in Lawrenceville, N.J.
• Holy Cross defeated Rider in the first-ever meeting between the two teams on Dec. 5, 1998, 82-65, at the Hart Center as part of the ECAC Holiday Festival; and again on Dec. 29, 2000 in Miami, Fla., 85-69 at the Sun & Fun Classic.
LAST TIME OUT
• Senior Infiniti Thomas-Waheed led the Crusaders with 25 points while adding seven rebounds, as Holy Cross fell to Marist by a score of 85-74 on the road Tuesday night at McCann Arena.
• Sophomore Lauren Manis totaled 22 points with 13 rebounds and a game-high three steals for the Crusaders.
• Freshman Jenay Faulkner also finished the game with double-digit points, posting 12 points while adding five rebounds.
• Senior Tricia Byrne notched nine points on the night and posted four rebounds.
• The Red Foxes were led by Rebekah Hand, who totaled 19 points while shooting 6-for-11 from the field and 3-for-6 from three-point range.
• Holy Cross shot 39.7% from the field while Marist shot 48.3%.
• The Red Foxes held the advantage in rebounds, 41-36.
SCOUTING REPORT ON RIDER
• Rider enters Saturday’s contest with an 0-2 record, having fallen to a pair of Patriot League opponents in Bucknell (71-76) and Navy (44-63) to start their season.
• The Broncs are coming off a stellar season in which they went 24-9 overall with a 16-4 record in MAAC play. They fell to Quinnipiac in the MAAC Championship Game, and ended their season with a loss to Virginia Tech in the Women’s NIT.
• Kamila Hoskova leads Rider’s offense with 15.0 points per game.
• Aubre Johnson has been the team’s top rebounder after two games, averaging 6.0 boards per contest.
• Head coach Lynn Milligan is in her 11th season with Rider in 2017-2018.
• Following the game at Rider, Holy Cross will return to action on Tuesday, Nov. 21, as the Crusaders take on Hofstra on the road at 7:00 p.m.
Season and single-game tickets to see the Crusaders are on sale now. Make sure you don’t miss the opportunity to see the best collegiate basketball in Central Massachusetts! Tickets for Holy Cross basketball can be purchased online at GoHolyCross.com/tickets or over the phone by calling 1-844-GOCROSS.